Need Help! Hitachi Seiki HC 500 Z Axis won't move

Thread: Hitachi Seiki HC 500 Z Axis won't move

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi Seiki HC 500 Z Axis won't move

Working on an old HC 500 with pallet changer. Fanuc 10M control. The Z axis will not move with toggle or hand wheel. NO alarms. Had a spindle alarm and shut down and rebooted control and now this.
    All other axis work and home. Spindle comes on. Acts like the machine does not see the Z axis at all. Checked all switches for tool changer and door switches.. All ok .
    Swapped the X and Z drives and changed jumpers but still nothing. No alarm lights on any of the drives including the SDU. Checked parameters concerning the Z axis but nothing looks out of the ordinary. Fanuc seems to think it's a MB problem but I'm not totally convinced yet. It's like a parameter is turned off for the Z axis.

Any help would be great.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi Seiki HC 500 Z Axis won't move

Here is a shot in the dark - but does it know the status of the tool clamp/unclamp? That will block the Z Axis . Any alarm data on the main or Seicos maintenance screen?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No alarms or messages. There is a tool in the spindle now and we can turn it on in MDI. X and Y axis will home and move. You can index tool mag also. I think it might be related to the ATC and a switch not made but all seems good in Diag. The only thing I see is a high signal for a SDU alarm in Diag 003 bit 5 on the Seicos screen. I'll have to look at the ladder diag to see what is related to this but I'm not good with Ladder diags. We had an SDU alarm and turned the machine off and back on and this usually resets but now the Z wont move. ?????
    Thanks anyway

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll look at the tool clamp/unclamp Diag tomorrow. Thanks