Mori-Seiki MV35/40 retrofit with LinuxCNC

Thread: Mori-Seiki MV35/40 retrofit with LinuxCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori-Seiki MV35/40 retrofit with LinuxCNC

ok, I've taken the ancient Fanuc M5 (or M6?) control off, and am down to the drives. LinuxCNC is installed with a 6i25 and 7I77 setup and ready to go........

The axis drives are Fanuc A20B-0009-0320, coupled to a A06B-0651-B 012 2500M Fanuc yellow cap 10M DC servo motor. I have the connector pinouts sorted out and down pat (I think) and ready to hook up, Looking at the motor it appears to have an internal 2500 cpr encoder mounted directly on the motor shaft - all well and good, except the drive expects to see a tach input, normally mounted on the motor, but in this case provided by the Fanuc control through some type of encoder-to-virtual-tach chip. I've been reading that a lot of those controls can be set to torque mode, and doing away with the tach input (as opposed to velocity mode) by moving a jumper, but seems my google-fu skills come up short, as I can't find anything on this drive being able to do that.

Anyone know how to change this drive to torque mode? Or isn't that possible?

Any ideas?