Mori Seiki NV5000, How to open the side door to set up tool when machine is running

Thread: Mori Seiki NV5000, How to open the side door to set up tool when machine is running

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki NV5000, How to open the side door to set up tool when machine is running

When I run OKK 550 Vertical Mill, I can set up tools for the next job by calling old tools and changing new tools at its side door.
    But I can not open the side door and rotate tool change magazine in Mori Seiki NV5000. It takes along time for me when setting up new job.

Can anyone show me how to do this?

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki NV5000, How to open the side door to set up tool when machine is runni

Manual mode, door unlock button. All other doors have to be closed. Easier to load through the spindle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki NV5000, How to open the side door to set up tool when machine is runni

Manual mode, door unlock button

I tried last night already and could not do it.
    Machine was running a program in TAPE Mode and whenever I tried to hit or activate other buttons, it stopped right after that.

Is there any other way to try, sir ?

Downloads
    Uploads

It WILL NOT open while the machine is running, tape mode or otherwise.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mori Seiki NV5000, How to open the side door to set up tool when machine is running-open-side-door-jpg

I hope you can read it.
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Like I said, you can not open that door while the machine is running.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, in some jobs, a cycle time is very short while setting up requires long time. I have to wait.
    Thank you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Like I said, you can not open that door while the machine is running.
    Odd, on the horizontals you can. It's just wont let you open during a tool change, I usually hit cycle stop while a cutters out of the parts and open'er up.

You must hit the manual button, wait for it to light up. You can't rotate the mag when the door is open, so you would hit manual, wait for the light, get to the pot you need, open door.

If you have a tool breakage detector, It might get picky. Don't do anything while the probe cycles.

Downloads
    Uploads

The horizontals have a waiting pot.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oddly, They made that door for what while it is not used ???
    Does anyone think so?