Need Help! Very frustrated! SL-25 randomly stops, No alarm

Thread: Very frustrated! SL-25 randomly stops, No alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Very frustrated! SL-25 randomly stops, No alarm

Maybe someone has this same problem. I have a SL-25 with a Fanuc 10T control. It just stops in the middle of the program. No alarm message. It does this at random. Never the same place in the program or it can happen running a different program. We swapped all of the cards one at a time with a twin to see if we could get the problem to follow. No luck. We put a camera on the control to see if we could catch what was happening. What we captured was the the red ERR light would flash just before it stopped. The manual is not very specific about why the ERR light will flash and give no alarm. Spindle error, Turret error, Program error or Memory error. This an old machine and I don't want to start throwing money at it and hope that we get lucky and replace the right part. Anybody have any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Very frustrated! SL-25 randomly stops, No alarm

I have had a similar issue with an old Matsurra. It turned out to be a door interlock of all things. Have you got one off of another machine you could possibly try, assuming your door interlocks are in use and working of course.

CncNut

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We suspected that early on. We bypassed that and the lube low level switch. No luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might try checking your chuck sensors. I have run into that on machines when they are right on the edge of reading it being chucked/un-chucked. Just a thought.