Yaskawa Varispeed 505MT drive will not brake nor reverse

Thread: Yaskawa Varispeed 505MT drive will not brake nor reverse

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yaskawa Varispeed 505MT drive will not brake nor reverse

Hi!

This DC spindle drive stopped reversing and braking but otherwise seems to work ok.
    There are no alarms. I know the main pcb is to blame as it works fine after testing with another borrowed main board.
    This drive gets +-10VDC from the Yasnac 2000B control and should change direction based on the signal polarity.
    I have searched the web and Yaskawa for schematics but no luck so far.

Does anyone know which components are the usual suspects? I have attached a picture but not sure the max allowed resolution is sufficient.
    The missing electrolytic capacitor in the lower right area had to used for the loaner board.

Also; this drive has a separate Thyristor Exciter unit for the field which has a shorted NEC 20P6S stud SCR I need to replace. There are no data sheets available and NEC does not have any specs.
    Is there any less obsolete SCR on the market I could use?

Cheers,

Andy

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa Varispeed 505MT drive will not brake nor reverse-20160922_025850-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Fritz View Post
    Hi!

This DC spindle drive stopped reversing and braking but otherwise seems to work ok.
    There are no alarms. I know the main pcb is to blame as it works fine after testing with another borrowed main board.
    This drive gets +-10VDC from the Yasnac 2000B control and should change direction based on the signal polarity.
    I have searched the web and Yaskawa for schematics but no luck so far.

Does anyone know which components are the usual suspects? I have attached a picture but not sure the max allowed resolution is sufficient.
    The missing electrolytic capacitor in the lower right area had to used for the loaner board.

Also; this drive has a separate Thyristor Exciter unit for the field which has a shorted NEC 20P6S stud SCR I need to replace. There are no data sheets available and NEC does not have any specs.
    Is there any less obsolete SCR on the market I could use?

Cheers,

Andy
    I have a whole set of boards I'll sell you for a really good price, I also have the schematic for the spindle drive. PM me your email and cell number

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Redzilla View Post
    I have a whole set of boards I'll sell you for a really good price, I also have the schematic for the spindle drive. PM me your email and cell number
    I sent you a pm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Fritz View Post
    I sent you a pm.
    I didn't get it just text me
    606- 547 - 78six three

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa Varispeed 505MT drive will not brake nor reverse

I just sent you a sms with my email.