Need Help! Mori alarms

Thread: Mori alarms

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Mori alarms

My Mori Seiki Sl-200 is alarming out and I can't clear it. The alarms are
    7115 SPN 1: SP Switch Control Alarm and EX0099 Panel Alarm. Can anyone tell me what these are? I tried powering down several times and it wont let me clear the alarm.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

More than likely you lost one of the Izumi 24VDC power supplies. Should be 2 of them sitting right next to each other. about center of the cabinet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks Underthetire

Many thanks, I was aiming towards a bad sensor.Your answer explains why the lower half of the control wouldn't light up.

Another question, When I came in this morning I powered up the machine and it started up no problem. I am going to run a warm up program for a couple hours to see if it alarms out again. Before I left last night, I loto'd the power and left the cabinet open. It was rather warm and humid in the shop yesterday. Could the issue have been a case of overheating or should I have a technician come in and look at it to see if is another issue.

Thanks again.

buster8297

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's more than likely one of the power supplies is on its way out.
    you can't really prevent it other than replace it but if you are not electronic-minded the normal way is to just run the machine as-is until it breaks then get someone in to repair it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Id order one. All world machinery ~200, Mori ~300 for a new one. It's on its way out. Seen it several times over the years.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

will do, thanks guys

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having the same issue but Fanuc and Mori don't know what to suggest. Mori service wants me to try the KM1 and KM101 relays. This seems to be the cheaper option to try first.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

is part of your panel not working and/or not lit up? if yes it's power supply. replace or repair.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey everyone. I've been reading this thread for a while hoping to get some inspiration. We have been having the same issue at our shop on two mori seiki SH-400 machines. All the power supplies are testing fine for voltage. We do, however, have a large voltage drop when the NC power is turned on which is causing some components to not turn on.

Does anyone have any clues on where to start digging to find the source of power draw or known faulty components?

Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori alarms

Just to follow up on this in case someone else stumbles upon it, the problems with both machines ended up being shorts in the 24VDC system. One was behind the spindle on the clamp with/without tool detection wires, the other was under the Z axis way covers at the terminal box.

Default Re: Mori alarms

Our company, Technical Repair Solutions, specializes in repairing controls, Servo motors, spindle drives and much more. Here is our website: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service.

More info:

Where are you located?

We specialize in drive repair and industrial electronic and automation repair along with much much more. Here is our website: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service. We offer free evaluations, diagnosis, and quotes, so it does not cost to use us and we can at least tell you what is going on. Please contact me at sales@trsautomation.com.

Specializing in Industrial Electronic Repair

Services: Printed Circuit Boards, DC Drives, CNC Repair, AC Inverters, AC Drive Retrofitting, Servo & Spindle Drives, Power Quality Analysis, CNC Controls, Infrared-Thermal Scanning, Encoders, Feedback Devices, Motor Testing, Soft Starts, Transfer Switch Repair, Servo Motors, Monitors, Power Factor Capacitor Repair, Preventative Maintenance, Power Supplies, System Upgrades, PLC’s, CRT Repair/Retrofitting, And Many More….

Located at: 1217 N. Merrifield Ave. Mishawaka In 46545
    Phone: (574) 855-1512 Fax: (574)855-1553
    Visit us at: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service Email us at: info@trsautomation.com

- - - Updated - - -

Our company, Technical Repair Solutions, specializes in repairing controls, Servo motors, spindle drives and much more. Here is our website: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service.

More info:

Where are you located?

We specialize in drive repair and industrial electronic and automation repair along with much much more. Here is our website: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service. We offer free evaluations, diagnosis, and quotes, so it does not cost to use us and we can at least tell you what is going on. Please contact me at sales@trsautomation.com.

Services: Printed Circuit Boards, DC Drives, CNC Repair, AC Inverters, AC Drive Retrofitting, Servo & Spindle Drives, Power Quality Analysis, CNC Controls, Infrared-Thermal Scanning, Encoders, Feedback Devices, Motor Testing, Soft Starts, Transfer Switch Repair, Servo Motors, Monitors, Power Factor Capacitor Repair, Preventative Maintenance, Power Supplies, System Upgrades, PLC’s, CRT Repair/Retrofitting, And Many More….

Visit us at: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service Email us at: info@trsautomation.com

- - - Updated - - -

More info:

Where are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 3GMTech View Post
    Just to follow up on this in case someone else stumbles upon it, the problems with both machines ended up being shorts in the 24VDC system. One was behind the spindle on the clamp with/without tool detection wires, the other was under the Z axis way covers at the terminal box.
    Glad you got it fixed, in the future another area to check that I have seen many many times is the cable in the pallet change area door switch