library parameters mori CL-25

Thread: library parameters mori CL-25

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default library parameters mori CL-25

Lost the parameters on our machine last week. Its running again now but when I load a program it doesn't appear in the library even though its in the machine. Downloads from machine to computer are all messed up too (garbled). Anyone have a solution for this? Machine is a Mori CL-25.

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

some of your parameters are not correct. check PC communication settings and CNC settings for baud/stop bits/data bits/parity etc.
    your other problem is parameter related too. do you get a list of programs when you press PROG multiple times and just some are missing? or no list at all?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I get a list of programs but just the one's that were in the machine before the parameters all got erased. the new one's go into the machine and appear if I call them up but do not appear in the library. So I have to remember the program is in memory and what its number is in order to call it up when I want to use it. Makes it difficult if I'm loading several programs at once. I'm guessing there is a parameter that needs to be set but don't know which one.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah ok. where did your current parameters come from.... a punched backup from same machine, hand typed from Mori parameter hard copy or somewhere else?
    and which control do you have?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we received an email file with the new parameters. Downloaded those into the machine. An expert came out and got the machine going. We didn't notice that we still had some issues until after he had left. Boss doesn't really want to spend more to have him come back and the machine will make parts as it is. Its just inconvenient. If I edit a program in the machine and then want to save it back to the computer, I can't because it comes back all garbled (a lot of square icons intermixed with gibberish).
    I guess I just need to experiment a bit with the I/O parameters. Haven't had the time yet to do that. Was hoping someone would have an instant solution but looks like its not gonna be that easy. I did call a place and they sent me an email list of parameters that might be the one's to change. Looks like 100 to 103 and various bits of those.
    It is a Fanuc 18 control.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

compare the comm parameters listed here.... (for Fanuc 16/18/21)
    Machinery RS232 communications settings for CNC controls including fanuc and mitsubishi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, made some progress today. The machine is now uploading and downloading programs just like it should. Changing the punch code did the job. Only issue now is the programs aren't appearing in the library once they're loaded. I can live with that I suppose but if anyone has a fix, it'd be nice to have all the programs shown on the library screen.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've checked and the parameter manual does not have anything related to your issue.
    I can only suggest you clear the program memory and re-load your programs and maybe they will show up. To clear just the program memory press and hold [DELETE] while powering on. If that doesn't work then it could be a PMC-related parameter (i.e. machine specific) or maybe an option parameter.
    I have a hard copy of the factory parameters from a CL25, including PMC parameters. If you punch out your parameters and PMC parameters and send the file to me in email (PM me first) I can compare it with the factory settings.
    Otherwise you'll have to live with it.

Last edited by fordav11; 11-16-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recent programs are now being displayed in the library as they normally would. It seems that setting the punch code parameter to the correct setting corrected the library problem as well. The machine is now behaving normally.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have the same problem no pmc parameters . can u send a copy to me as well