Need Help! C. Axis feed

Thread: C. Axis feed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default C. Axis feed

Hey all. Am hoping someone can help. I am working with a Mori ZL-15SM lathe with a Fanuc Series O-TT controler. The problem is I am milling the face of the part but the machine will not feed faster than 6 ipm. I know the feed needs to be in degrees per minute but I have taken the feedrate up to 10000 dpm and still I am only getting 6 ipm
    out of the c axis. Could this be a parameter issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow. 63 views and no replies. Must be a good question. In a way makes me feel better about not being able to figure it out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you including a decimal point when programming the C axis feed?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you orient the spindle in C axis mode, or rapid position, does it move fast?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Are you including a decimal point when programming the C axis feed?
    Yes.

Using G98 and it moves the feed of the endmill in the live tool just fine. The problem is that when I put in the feed rate it doesn't seem to be moving it faster than 6 ipm according to the controller. Have taken it all the way up to Feed 100000. but still maxing out at 6 ipm per the controller.

Last night I had the brainstorm of perhaps it was in the wrong gearing but when Ientered a M42 to change the spindle gearing nothing happened.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    If you orient the spindle in C axis mode, or rapid position, does it move fast?
    It moves faster. In fact that is how I am machining the parts right now. I am running with a G0 at 50% to get the parts out right now. But to answer your question even the rapid seems to be moving slow. Previos machines I have programmed and run when I run the rapid override at 100% and use a G0 on the C-axis it pops right into C0 postion. This one moves faster but it is very slow in rapid by comparision.

It is a real puzzler. Complicated by the fact that I no manuals to refer to.