Here are some of the things I would like to see in future revisions of the Momus. Yes, some probably are mutually exclusive. I'll let Bob decide.
- Make both sides the same height, and use the same size rails on both.
- Use all of that lovely open space in the case bottom as a vacuum hold-down plenum. (I'm working on a retro-fit for this now. Think PVC plumbing a-la the Blue Man Group!)
- Duplicate the electronics bays on the left hand-side.
- Use one side for AC and one for DC.
- Plan for routing DC through the case bottom from one side to the other.
I want to add a Super PID and I don't have room for it or the required 5vDC power supply!
- Include more information on wire-management. It would be nice if the case-part designs included recommendations for wiring openings.
- Incorporate AC distribution. I would like an On/Off switch for the main power supply as well as a separate switched outlet for the router built into the case.
- Add thrust bearings on the Z axis. My solution works, but are not as elegant as the rest of the machine.
That's about it for me. The shortness of the list kind of speaks to the overall completeness of the design!