any ideas for double mounts?

Thread: any ideas for double mounts?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default any ideas for double mounts?

I got a 300w spindle that was going to stay permanently, but after using it for a while I wasn't too happy with it. It's best suited for light and detail work. I was thinking about getting a more powerful spindle, but got some impulse control and decided to wait on that. I have seen some double mounts, have the spindle and router side to side, but that will limit the side travel depending on the pieces I'm cutting. I'm going to remake the mounts for the ridgid, the ones i made by hand didn't come out too good. So I'm trying to see how i can remake them that i'll be able to attach the spindle maybe to the side or front. I know i can thread some holes in the ridgid mounts and attach and detach the spindle with its own mounts. That would be a better option than the side, just deal with the y offset. What i would really like is to be able to make them interchangeable, take one out drop the other one in. I was thinking of making a lip on bottom part 37 for the ridgid to sit on and one also for the spindle. Maybe that way they will stay centered? And the other three mounts just make them to fit each spindle. Seems like more trouble than just attaching it to the front. Any suggestions?