vero visi

Thread: vero visi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default vero visi

any mold designers outhere using vero visi to design...any good?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Visi

Hi Spider,
    Im also a Visi user, I started using this software not long ago and I found that this cad/cam software has potential. From what I know, some of my friends are using this software to import 3d files such .stl, Iges, etc.....then convert to nc code then import to Roland machine to engrave and of corse you need a post processor
    (.cfg extensions) for Roland machines.

happytriger2000

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive had a demo version of this product. it is very capable also it has the machining from machining strategeist incororated. which is my favorite package which i have as a stand alone product. visi itself i am not fond of for only one reason that is there is no history of how a 3D model was built which is sometimes an advantage when customers change their mind about a design and you can go back and alter a particular part of the geometry.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is easy to use as a 3D modeller for simple one-off parts but because it doesn't have a parametric database (i.e. a history of how the model was constructed), you are better off using Solid Edge or SolidWorks to do the part design work.

But as a CAD/CAM package it is extremely capable. Also, the VISI-MOULD add-on is great for splitting parts into core and cavity, generating the split line and constructing the mould tool around it all.

There is also a VISI-FLOW add-on available for doing Moldflow work and a 5-AXIS CAM add-on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been Using Visi for years and find it very powerful...it of coarse is not a parametric modeler however this has its advantages as you aren't dedicated to following rules of constraints.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: vero visi

I study Vero Visi. I think that Solid is better then Vero Visi. Video tutorials where you can download?