Problem anyone famliar with boy 15s molds? I will need one or 2 made.

Thread: anyone famliar with boy 15s molds? I will need one or 2 made.

Default anyone famliar with boy 15s molds? I will need one or 2 made.

Hi all, I am interested in learning about my new "new" really old machine! I need a few molds made and don't know how to set up the product.. I know it has cooling and ejection. but have no idea on size and where all the holes go for all the fixings. I bought the machine on eBay .. so once its up an running, that Mold needs to be made..

I have never touched injection molding work before... but I am very serious on getting a small mold made. I Have a product being made already. you can see it at www.crittermazes.com ( I will be making a base 1/4 the size shown )

So, In short, I need a lot of help.

And is it hard to type in he forum box or Is it my pc?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone famliar with boy 15s molds? I will need one or 2 made.-jfd-base-small-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: anyone famliar with boy 15s molds? I will need one or 2 made.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMaze View Post
    Hi all, I am interested in learning about my new "new" really old machine! I need a few molds made and don't know how to set up the product.. I know it has cooling and ejection. but have no idea on size and where all the holes go for all the fixings. I bought the machine on eBay .. so once its up an running, that Mold needs to be made..

I have never touched injection molding work before... but I am very serious on getting a small mold made. I Have a product being made already. you can see it at www.crittermazes.com ( I will be making a base 1/4 the size shown )

So, In short, I need a lot of help.

And is it hard to type in he forum box or Is it my pc?
    If you look at this photo this will show you where a mold had been, this is the max size mold frame you could fit in this machine, this is a badly looked after machine, but you will get the idea for a mold size

Normally you measure between the tie bars that will give you also a rough mold size, the size of the part will also come into play, as you need 3 to 5 ton clamp per square inch of surface, so you only have 15 ton so you parts won't be very big for a machine this size

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone famliar with boy 15s molds? I will need one or 2 made.-mold-size-jpg  
    Mactec54

I see the old mold marking there in the photo, does the mold half attack with bolts? or something? Also, where is the best place to have the mold made for the part I have, so it has cooling and ejector areas and would work with the machine as intended. Thanks for photo of the mold.. my machine will ship to me in a month and Ill spark her to life and poke about.

I have found a manual for this, scanned it in... and it is far larger than the website will allow me to upload. The machine is arriving in a few weeks... I will be asking questions then.. after electrical setup and reading the manual comes to a pause!