plastic injected hollow lures / molds

Thread: plastic injected hollow lures / molds

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default plastic injected hollow lures / molds

Hi, im looking to see if anyone here can make hollow plastic injection lures? I have a lure thats made out of hard solid resin that will like to turn into hollow injected plastic

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: plastic injected hollow lures / molds

If you want to make a hollow part by plastic injection, you need a solid core. In a part like a fishing lure, that would be difficult (or impossible) to remove. So your best bet is probably to make these in two or more parts and assemble them after molding. If you've ever put together plastic model airplanes, etc. as a kid, the look of the parts and the assembly process will be familiar to you.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

biggamefish

Find a molder, that does Gas assist molding ( using Nitrogen ) you won't need a core of any kind, there are lots that do this, so should not be to hard to find a molder, that you could work with

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    If you want to make a hollow part by plastic injection, you need a solid core. In a part like a fishing lure, that would be difficult (or impossible) to remove. So your best bet is probably to make these in two or more parts and assemble them after molding. If you've ever put together plastic model airplanes, etc. as a kid, the look of the parts and the assembly process will be familiar to you.
    Yes I believe there are lures of this kind out there and its 2 halfs glue together by a machine or something im not exactly sure after the lead weights and hook hangers are assembled inside the hollow core.

I am making the lures in my shop out of a silicone 2 piece mold using urethane resin, thinking of mass producing it and the only way I can think of is to have someone or a company produce it for me.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would think you could also do this by blow molding.