S1 Servo alarm: PR 42 S3

Thread: S1 Servo alarm: PR 42 S3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default S1 Servo alarm: PR 42 S3

Hi all.

I have Cincom L25, with M520L controller.
    My live tools were making an unpleasant noice, so I thought they need cleaning and greasing. I take the live tools out and grease the gears.

When I put everything together I start getting the alarm:

42 FE1 Feedback error 1: A detector feedback pulse was omitted in the semiclosed loop system (including ball screw end detection).

In the AC spindle manual the description is:

(19) Alarm No. 42 : FEEDBACK ERROR (MOTOR PLG)
    [Details] The one rotation counter value error pulse of the motor PLG exceeded the setting
    value (SP90: PLE).

I have checked the cables, and there is no broken cables or bad connections. The machine can run at low speed for a while before alarm, the higher rpm on live tools the faster the alarm occurs.

Can anyone please help, hints or anything is welcomed! Thanks guys!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Lene Madsen View Post
    Hi all.

I have Cincom L25, with M520L controller.
    My live tools were making an unpleasant noice, so I thought they need cleaning and greasing. I take the live tools out and grease the gears.

When I put everything together I start getting the alarm:

42 FE1 Feedback error 1: A detector feedback pulse was omitted in the semiclosed loop system (including ball screw end detection).

In the AC spindle manual the description is:

(19) Alarm No. 42 : FEEDBACK ERROR (MOTOR PLG)
    [Details] The one rotation counter value error pulse of the motor PLG exceeded the setting
    value (SP90: PLE).

I have checked the cables, and there is no broken cables or bad connections. The machine can run at low speed for a while before alarm, the higher rpm on live tools the faster the alarm occurs.

Can anyone please help, hints or anything is welcomed! Thanks guys!
    Have you disturbed the motor plg while cleaning. If yes then it would have to be tuned again

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: S1 Servo alarm: PR 42 S3

Hello.

I managed to solve the problem. The axis on which the gears and encoder were mounted was a little bit off, so the encoder got bad readings. Before I took everything apart it must have been very close to failure, and me opening the whole thing up just pushed it over the edge. The encoder is now mounted straight and in a proper fashion, and I don't get the alarm anymore, no matter how many RPM I run on my live tools. (5000 is allowed on this machine)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: S1 Servo alarm: PR 42 S3

Thanks for the update Lene. The encoder mounting is sensitive. The gap adjustment should be 150 microns, else it would give trouble.