Newbie Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures

Thread: Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures

So we have recently moved onto high speed machining toolpaths and we've quickly found out the limiitations of our machines are memory capacity. We have just purchased a DNC ONE box via rs232 and are attempting to use it on our Takumi V8a mill with Meldas 500 (520AMR?) controls. The drip feed works fantastic when it works which is inconsistent because sometimes it will run 10% of the program and sometimes 60%, however we are running into a P460 Tape I/O Error.

DNC ONE Defaults are Data Bits: 7 Parity: Even Stop Bits: 2 Baud rate: 9600 I'm not sure on the pinout of the cable however I can test that in the meantime.
    I'm not too sure how to check all the settings on the mill but I know the baud rate is 9600.

We are concerned with the error as well as the ability to press the cycle hold button and then resume the program at any time to be able to prove out programs and to double check clearances.

Could the error be caused by pressing the cycle hold button while running in tape mode?

My knowledge on the software communications is not great however I will provide as much info as I can find! Thanks!
    P.S. I have attached some photos if that is of any help to anyone

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures-20170329_122909-jpg   Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures-20170329_124537-jpg   Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures-20170329_124555-jpg   Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures-20170329_131040-jpg  

Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures-20170329_131223-jpg  
    Last edited by choover; 03-30-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures

Found out that regardless of pressing the cycle pause button the same error occurs. I've seen some people mention that the device was trying to send in data to quickly and even if that is the case, I'm not sure how I would go about changing that with the DNC ONE Box. If anyone has any experience with these boxes let me know!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 500 series Drip Feed DNC ONE P460 Tape I/O Error with pictures

If there is no way to get this particular setup working does anyone have any suggestions on a DNC software that they've had success with on the Meldas Controller?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

it works perfect on 4800 and 2400 . Problem is its not good for hss because of the buffer . Check cable

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seems its hard to get help from this site. I am experiencing the same problems as you. Did you find a solution ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I drip feed my 520AMR using predator editor.
    I use 9600 baud rate and rarely have any errors dripfeeding large 3d files.

9600baud Parity even Data 7 Stop Bits 2

I use an 2ms linesend delay and that seems to allow the buffer to stay happy but In case of the error you had before you might have to increase this delay. It's a bit of trial / error to fine tune your particular set-up.

I have drip-fed files while running cad, and surfing at the same time on this pc with no hiccups.

I installed a PCI dual comport in my PC and I feed my files through the rs232 comport.