Need Help! M50 PLC Replacement

Thread: M50 PLC Replacement

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default M50 PLC Replacement

Hello All,
    I have a 1996 Leadwell VMC 25 with a Meldas 50 Control. Recently I have a Servo Drive short out and give me a smoke and spark show.
    I ordered a used drive and installed it. When I restarted the machine I have a solid orange screen.
    I called Mitsubishi and they advised that the PLC was likely bad from a power surge.
    They want $6000 for a new one but I see that there are many used one's for around $1000 online. Mits says the PLC needs to be programed for the specific machine aside of the ladder and parameters.
    Does anyone know what is involved with this? Is this a matter of changing a chip or hard drive from my old PLC or do I need to have it programmed?
    Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: M50 PLC Replacement

Yes unfortunately you may need the whole unit, CNC/PLC, if so you require the parameters and the PLC program.
    Or obtain them from the MTB.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the ladder and all of the parameter saved on my PC. I guess I am more concerned with what is involved initializing the PLC program before loading the files.
    How is the PLC program installed? Does it require any special equipment or cables? I can't find much info online about setting up a FCA50M

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Moldmaker74 View Post
    I have the ladder and all of the parameter saved on my PC. I guess I am more concerned with what is involved initializing the PLC program before loading the files.
    How is the PLC program installed? Does it require any special equipment or cables? I can't find much info online about setting up a FCA50M
    have a look inside your cpu, might be able to just swap the rom chip (where the ladder is stored). As far as I'm aware, when you load the ladder off the computer you then have to write it to the rom chip using the Plc programming button (f0 ?) as opposed to reading from the rom chip when you loose parameters. I have the ladder and parameters for the same machine if your stuck.

mick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moldmaker74 View Post
    have a look inside your cpu, might be able to just swap the rom chip (where the ladder is stored). As far as I'm aware, when you load the ladder off the computer you then have to write it to the rom chip using the Plc programming button (f0 ?) as opposed to reading from the rom chip when you loose parameters. I have the ladder and parameters for the same machine if your stuck.

mick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has tried with this procedure but disconnected the cable sh21

""
    Peter,

If you haven't fixed this yet, try this combination on the dip switches.

1,2,3 which is a card recognition
    1,3 which is a deeper ram clear.
    Then turn dip 1 back off leaving dip 3 on. Which does not allow parameters to be loaded from the EEPROM. You will see Japanese in the language. See if this chnages anything.

Some times there is garbage in the EEPROM that mess up the memory.

Each step above needs to be done sequentially. Chnage the switches, then power on for 10 seconds. Usually LED's change condition on the 2nd and 3rd step above.

Good Luck

Chippy

""

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I only know the 500 series
    I hope it works

regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi moldmaker, Could you please update the 7 segment led status on the M50 NC unit. Also please let me which kind of ladder backup is available with you. ALL3 backup or project backup. @sonyvi M500 an M50 NC unit are different. Dip switch option is not there

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

is in the card qx531, which is the cpu of the machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sonyvi View Post
    is in the card qx531, which is the cpu of the machine
    QX531 is only on a 500 series control, not an M50. Also, it is an I/O board, not the CPU.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave,
    i have a customer who is stuck lost all data on a VMC40 M50M control. did you get your machine going? do you have all backup files ALL1, ALL2, ALL3?
    could you email a copy to help end user my end?

Regards Derek.

Downloads
    Uploads

???????232???????