Need Help! Z axis current creeping up and alarming

Thread: Z axis current creeping up and alarming

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z axis current creeping up and alarming

Dear friends,

Hopefully anyone here could supply me with some guidance in how to commission this problem that I have encounter on a 3 axis Mitsu MELDAS 64 CNC control. (year 2002)

Here is the description of the scenario:

The Z axis CURRENT reading will start creeping up until it reaches the 100 limit and will generate an alarm. That could be interpreted as mechanical overload of some sort, but not really and here is why: This very same Z axis runs trouble-free on handle mode movements, up and down, slow or quick, and even if we are running a program on MDI mode that has Z axis MOVEMENTS THAT ARE NOT TINNY.

This problem ONLY SHOWS UP whenever we run a MDI program code with very small (i.e 0.05mm) movements. Specially whenever we are trying to machine a ramp shape that require the Z axis to move in very small increments, that is when after a few minutes of running this program, we watch on the DIAG screen (see attached picture) how the reading for CURRENT keeps on going up until it reaches 100 and triggers the alarm. By this time, the servo motor is SMOKING HOT.

I am thinking it might be related to the synchronization of the DYNAMIC brake, but since I am not so familiar with this brand CNC I would not know exactly how to recalibrate. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks a bunch!

peloflex.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z axis current creeping up and alarming-screenshot_20161111-211627-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis current creeping up and alarming

Is this a box way machine? Is it a hydraulic counter balance machine? Could be massive stick slip on the ways, so once the axis starts moving in a large amount it's fine, but may not be breaking loose on small moves.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis current creeping up and alarming

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Is this a box way machine? Is it a hydraulic counter balance machine? Could be massive stick slip on the ways, so once the axis starts moving in a large amount it's fine, but may not be breaking loose on small moves.

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk
    Hello underthetire, Yes, it is a box way type machine and no, does not have a Hydraulic CB, it has a just a gravity counter weight instead. I have reports that this axis had been checked mechanically prior to my visit, that is why I was more inclined to think that the problem is more related to parameters. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Greetings!

peloflex