Newbie Using Paul Bussieres' GearVB6 V2 Software and have a question

Thread: Using Paul Bussieres' GearVB6 V2 Software and have a question

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Using Paul Bussieres' GearVB6 V2 Software and have a question

I've sent an email about a year ago to Paul and haven't heard anything back from him. I stumbled upon another question today so I thought I'd post here.

His software (which is free) is used to determine which gears go where when setting up the lathe for threading. Great tool to have around on your PC when you need to check your numbers against what physical gears you have available. You can modify the list of gears to match what you have so you only get the combinations that you can personally use. Also, you can add in another gear just to see what having that gear can do for you in terms of getting other threads that you otherwise wouldn't have. Anyway....

I notice there's a spot to input "Combination Gear Set Available" which is different than what I describe above.

Anyone know what that means?

I added a txt file to the zip that Paul didn't have in his email he sent me. It states this: "You must use Taskmanager to kill this process once started." Suspect it must have something to do with it being a VB6 (Visual Basic 6 format)

Been computing for several years now and know what TSR's are. They are a Terminate Stay Resident program that even after closing, they remain running in the background. No big deal since this has a VERY small foot print. Just thought you techies might like to know.

Also, this is Version 2 which I don't know if it is available anywhere else on the web. All I was ever able to find was his first one.

Vogavt

P.S. Before you ask... no, I haven't re-bundled this and added a virus to this. I'm not that smart and ......... I'm not that stupid.