well i got my lathe - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: well i got my lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

The new one is a nice size. What was wrong with the leadscrew on the old one?

One thing I liked on that old one is it looked like it had screw covers for the leadscrew.

Best,

BW

Downloads
    Uploads

guess what the problem was that weiss sent them a bunch of lathe with metric lead screw so they sent them all back, as for the cover it did seem to be a good idea but actualy it was pretty bad it was cutting an inch of the travel towards the chuck

The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Downloads
    Uploads

A new dealer will be carrying the Weiss line of products here in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada very soon, It's 10 minutes outside Edmonton.

Contact me if you are interested.

djn

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djnbig View Post
    A new dealer will be carrying the Weiss line of products here in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada very soon, It's 10 minutes outside Edmonton.

Contact me if you are interested.

djn
    Will they have an on-line store?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they will have an online store, opening in the next 2 weeks . You can contact me for the URL if you wish.

djn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default weiss sold in USA?

nice looking machines- do they sell in USA under another (or same) brand?

do you have that URL yet?

thanks

www.express-site.net/calculator.htm
    Instantly estimate shipping rates from usps, ups and fedex simultaniously.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi friends,
    This is my first message,
    My name is Alejandro, write from spain(excuseme for my bad english)

I have a Optimum Bf20L milling machine, and would like get a 280x700 lathe, what is better... optimum d280x700 (without vario) or weiss wm280v-f ???

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by camandula View Post
    Hi friends,
    This is my first message,
    My name is Alejandro, write from spain(excuseme for my bad english)

I have a Optimum Bf20L milling machine, and would like get a 280x700 lathe, what is better... optimum d280x700 (without vario) or weiss wm280v-f ???
    in my honest opinion i saw both the wsm20v from weiss and bf20 from a shop in the us and both are identical aside from motor wich was 600watt on the weiss compared to the 800watt vario, so i would go for two criteria.
    1-if one as a better motor go for it those benchtop machine often lack one thing and its power, of course the smaller they are the more they flex but thats another thing.
    2-if both have the same power, motor wise, then go with the one that cost you less to get ounce you add the shipping cost and taxes.

The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There might be problems with the saddle on the bf20 according to this link
    www.einfach-cnc.de/bf20_cnc-umbau.html The saddle on this machine doesn't look too good, but whether the problem is general I don't know. On the other hand the dovetails on the saddle of my Weiss WMD25LV are flat and parallel to less than one thou.

Downloads
    Uploads

yep i guess he got the unlucky one

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats Ataxy!! I love your set up, looks good(one of my fav colors too). I've always liked the BF20 but I have read where they all seem to have some slop in the spindle when using as a drill press. But they still look like a well made machine to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
    Congrats Ataxy!! I love your set up, looks good(one of my fav colors too). I've always liked the BF20 but I have read where they all seem to have some slop in the spindle when using as a drill press. But they still look like a well made machine to me.
    cant say about the slope never really used it as a drill press since my drill press does that part of the job, thx for your comment the shop as changed alot since those picture have been added, i have since added a new section to my bench and i have bought a syil x4+ so its growing slowly, now i am in the process of making the part to convert my lathe to cnc but the bf20 will stay manual and will be used to do simple job or modification of part while the syil does her thing.

dont look at the mess i had just received the x4 and i didnt go in my shop much this summer so lets say that aside from some oiling from time to time the shop was mostly used by the spider

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well i got my lathe-picture-005-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know of someone who sell Wiess lathe in ontario

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thread revival

Thread revival

Hi all …
    I am a new member seeking additional information on the Weiss lathe
    Model WSL1126V. So for my first post I will attempt to revive an old thread.
    I would appreciate any user feed back on the performance of the VSPD and also would like info re the Western Canadian source for the lathe.
    I am in the kick tires stage of deciding on an upgrade from my Grizzly 7X12.
    Thanks ….bert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mygrizzly1022 View Post
    Thread revival

Hi all …
    I am a new member seeking additional information on the Weiss lathe
    Model WSL1126V. So for my first post I will attempt to revive an old thread.
    I would appreciate any user feed back on the performance of the VSPD and also would like info re the Western Canadian source for the lathe.
    I am in the kick tires stage of deciding on an upgrade from my Grizzly 7X12.
    Thanks ….bert
    Hello Bert,
    I don't have a Weiss but have a PM1127VF on order and one of their mill's, in the process of waiting for my machines I can't help but doing more research and I have met a bunch of guys online in the same predicament as me, so from one thing came another and I started a new Yahoo group for "Blue Machines" meaning the Precission Mathews, Weiss and Optimum/Quantum line.
    We'd love for you to come and visit and share your experiences and research.
    I am from BC and have had the same problem finding stuff close to home.

So far I'm looking through all the forums I can find to invite anyone who even mentioned a PM or Weiss machine, there's more then I would have thought.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bluemachining/

Regards, Ed

Downloads
    Uploads

My guess is that Bert won't see your post, Ed.
    He's a one-post-wonder, and posted that over a year ago.

Nice lathe & mill though, ataxy. I had not seen this thread before. Very nice looking machines!

Downloads
    Uploads

thx, i have been out of the shop for a while now, but i see the light at the end of the tunnel and i should be back at it soon, got a couple of project that i want to get back at and a few new one so ill be back here soon, first thing i want to finish is the cnc conversion of the lathe, the part are all design in inventor and programmed in mastercam so all thats left is to set it up on the machine and whatch it fly, ill post back ounce i am done on that subject but i should be back here soon just to help and comment before that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ataxy View Post
    edit as for the mill, i bought the wmd20v and then bought the L table wich gives me now ~18" in x travel
    Would you please tell me where you were able to buy the L table from separately?

Thanks.

Alf.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am new here. I have an opportunity to get a new Weiss WMD-20LV milling machine, am I getting a good deal if I pay 800.00USD for it? Can CNC be added to this machine?

Thanks for any and all info..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zmargalit View Post
    I am new here. I have an opportunity to get a new Weiss WMD-20LV milling machine, am I getting a good deal if I pay 800.00USD for it? Can CNC be added to this machine?

Thanks for any and all info..
    I'd say that would be an excellent deal. I paid about $1100 for the original machine (a WM20V clone) and then a further $500 (inc shipping) for the longer table, so you're looking at about half what I paid.

Many people have successfully CNC'd these types of mills. I plan to do mine soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast