New here. Can use a little help.

Thread: New here. Can use a little help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New here. Can use a little help.

Hi.

My name is Ed and I'm just getting into the CNC aspect my Sherline Mill and Lathe. Just outfitted my long bed Sherline lathe with CNC Mounts and motors. Running the correct version of Mach3 and have a Soigeneris ESS (model SSENC-2), dowloaded the patch from Warp 9 for the ESS. Everything loaded fine. Mach3 opens up, see's the ESS, but I can't jog the motors. I've been searching for the correct Pins and Ports configuration, but this a little new to me. I know this is a rookie mistake, and for that I apologize. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these setting. Much appreciated.

-Ed/emojo5

Forgot to mention the controller. I have a DeepGrove1 CNC Controller box using a Gecko G540 board. Thanks again.

Last edited by emojo5; 03-12-2017 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New here. Can use a little help.

I believe that Gecko has a mach3.XML file that will have all the correct ports and pins already assigned.

Actually, it's right here:

http://www.geckodrive.com/support/ap...-xml-file.html

download that and stick it in your mach3 folder and you'll see the "540B" as an option in the profile load window. That should get you started in the correct direction.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CS900 View Post
    I believe that Gecko has a mach3.XML file that will have all the correct ports and pins already assigned.

Actually, it's right here:

G540 XML File - Step Drives - Application Notes - Support | GeckoDrive

download that and stick it in your mach3 folder and you'll see the "540B" as an option in the profile load window. That should get you started in the correct direction.
    Thanks so much for the help. This is all new to new and It going to take a bit to get up and running. Really appreciate the help.
    -Ed/emojo5

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New here. Can use a little help.

im having the same issues, you ever get it figured out?