Need Help! Imsrv Deskcnc sherline mill setup and lathe

Thread: Imsrv Deskcnc sherline mill setup and lathe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Imsrv Deskcnc sherline mill setup and lathe

Hi I am trying to verify some information on the deskcnc machine setup for sherline mill & lathe. Bare with me as I have just got into this new hobby and trying to gather all the information necessary so my terminologies maybe a little off and based on only 2 months worth of online reading.

Sherline Mill 5410 Metric
    Sherline Lathe 4410 metric
    Controller Imsrv SYS 3A 2nd generation board with Globe motors.

These motors are on a reduction pulley setup on 2.8:1, the manual states that for inch the SPS on pitch 1 or 2 or 3 is so and so and so is true for the metric.

What I would like to know is how do I know which lead screw is being used as each one has it's own value in order to determine the correct SPS and how would one calculate the maximum SPS velocity based on the motor being used since I have the specs of the motor. Am sure there is some sort of calculation for this.

If I do a manual count the gear thats on the motor is 17T and 48T on the pulley gear obviously that comes out to 2.8:1 ratio.

I have managed to set the machine and have it working in either G00 or G01 and works perfectly fine by running via MDI or a small Gcode file either one works. I need to actually measure the real result and see if measurements are correct.

Next I would like to know if under the axis should the maximum velocity of the XYZ axis all be set exactly the same or should each one be different if all 3 axis are running the same motor ?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Imsrv Deskcnc sherline mill setup and lathe

Okay I may have figured this out, just the instructions are really hard to follow for newbie, I didnt understand the lead screw term, just figured that it refers to the lead screws in the mill which are metric and not inch and for every full turn of the axis wheel it will yield to 1mm.

So that puts me on the 5647.0588 okay I think I may have figured out the rest... the only thing I need to figure out is what would be a good start off aceleration point for the servo motors is a there a rule of thumb ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never mind 10% would be a good start number as per the manual, have to retry again tomorrow see if the machine takes the new speed settings or stalls

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay all calculations are correct.

However the unit stalls, have it set on the max velocity for SPS and scale acceleration down to 40% still stalling at times. May consider dropping the overall velocity by half and try again.

Anyone have a rough number on this ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Does it stall in the same place? Is the machine clean? Gibs adjusted? Are the ways lubed?

A lazy man does it twice.