New Machine Build Central-Machinery model# 93799 CnC conversion spindle speed help plz

Thread: Central-Machinery model# 93799 CnC conversion spindle speed help plz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Central-Machinery model# 93799 CnC conversion spindle speed help plz

Hello Everyone,

this is my first time posting here I hope I can help some people out and gain some knowledge as well. My problem is I am in the process of converting my mini lathe into CNC. I have a Gecko G540, Mach3, C3 index-pulse card, and 2 nema 23 stepper motors. I am doing ok so far in this conversion got my stepper motors working "not installed yet", Pulse card showing data in mach3, my next problem I am having is trying to figure out what I need for mach to control my spindle speed. I am not sure if the G540 can control my motor controller on its own, or if I need like a C6 speed control board. I am not having any luck with the research I'm doing on how to set this up. I do know that the G540 can do PWM which I have setup in mach and am using a external 12V. power supply to achieve the 0-10V signal, but I'm not sure if I should be hooking this straight up to my motor controller in the lathe or if I need to send this signal to a C6 board to control the speed, or how to wire it correctly without blowing anything up. My motor controller is a FC250BJ/110V Any help would be greatly appreciated and in advance thank you for your time.

Robert Smith