Need Help! Error 401 X Axis limit overtravel !?!?

Thread: Error 401 X Axis limit overtravel !?!?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Error 401 X Axis limit overtravel !?!?

Can someone tell me how to adjust my upgraded Centurion 1 machine so that it is able to have a coordinate system that aligns with the one in this code? (Or otherwise, so that this 401 error is addressed) I bought a machine recently and the planing program was still on the hard drive which the previous owner was using successfully. Given that the program is OK it would seem that the solution to this problem would come from an adjustment somewhere in the parameters.

Thanks for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you graph the program on the control? It might help you determine where to set a G54.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

An error 401 indicates that you are trying to move the X axis out of its travel limits. The problem may lie in the program, make sure that there is no excessive X axis moves. If you are using cutter comp, make sure that the tool diameters are set correctly. Make certain that you have set the work coordinates properly. If that is not the case, please make sure that the positive and negative limit parameters are set properly for your machine. These parameters can be found under F4(AXIS) after you open the machine parameters up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever figure this out. I'm having the exact same problem.
    Is there a x axis limit switch. How do I get it to move from where its stuck.

Downloads
    Uploads

I recently had a similar problem. There are excess travel limit switches and the home limit switch. You may have a severed wire to one or more of these switches as some of them are set up in series. Remove or pull back the chip covers and test continuity to the wires being fed to the table running to these switches. You will likely find a short there. Mine occured on the home switch and the machine was unable to accurately locate its home location from which to calculate the work offset. It may be a good place to start.

*edit: The break occured at the location where the wires entered the table. There is a lot of back and forth bending of the wires at that point as the table moves from end to end.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you are stuck in an over-travel condition and the machine E-stops, press the Re-set button and hold it in. The Re-set won't latch but it will pull in the relay. While holding the button in, Jog or Handwheel the axis towards the center of travel until it does stay latched.

If this doesn't work, there is something else going on.