Problem Tapping cycles disable

Thread: Tapping cycles disable

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tapping cycles disable

Hi everybody.
    I'am new to cnczone, and wanna know if you can help me out with a problem I'm having.

The matter is that we have a Milltronics VM-16 with a Centurion 8200 control in our shop. I was trying to use the tapping cycles (G84/G63) and none of them would work. The control just skipped the line command.
    Then, checking the parameters setting, I realized that the parameter P324 (parameters-programs) was set to 0. I change the setting to 1, pressed the stop bottom and reset the machine. Then I try to run the program and it kept skipping the command line. . I went back to the parameters and the P324 was again set to 0.
    Does anybody knows what shoud be done?
    I really appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Popy

Similar Threads:

When someone has a code problem, they usually post the code in question. Without being able to see what you're trying to run, it would just be a guess with respect to a solution.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tapping cycles disable

Hi Popy, the G84 is for soft tapping. This uses a "software algorithm" to compute the tapping. Milltronics also has a "hard / ridged tap" cycle it is G88.

Check the machine manual under G codes for a detailed description. Pages 165 -167 for conversational screens and pages 289 for G84 page 294 for G88 in my manual (C7 7200), pages numbers should be pretty close in the 8200 manual.

If you have the serial # of the machine I can check and see if your machine has the ridged tap option.

sportybob