Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis

Thread: Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis

Hi everyone,
    I kindly request you support to solve my recent Vm16 failure.

After sudenly power cut of the main grid during a drilling cycle, Y axis moved (-) direction, damaging the cutting tool and emergency stop occured.
    After reseting, servo brake off ok, but error occurs during Y homing sequence.
    Z axis homes fine, but when Y starts to "home", message "000 Unassigned error" is displayed.
    Y motor does not rotate and rotating it by had it moves free.

I checked and rewired the 3 limit switchs, they are Ok.
    Should I suspect Y motor damage due to agressive movement from power loss?

Thank you in advance
    Regards,
    Olegario

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis

Diagnosing a "unassigned" error can be difficult.

1. what type of machine and drive configuration do you have. Pic of the inside of the electrical cabinet would be helpful.

2. does the axis move rapidly on reset? then error out or just error out on reset?

If it just errors out on reset, Try reloading the parameters. You have a back up parameter disk, don't you?

Note: to All machine owners of EVERY TYPE, EVERY WHERE, Back it UP!!!!! NOW.

Insert the parameter disk into the floppy drive, on the front panel press F7 (prams) F7 ( load) it will reload the parameters. Remove the disk. turn off the power to the machine wait about 2 minutes and reapply power.
    try the reset.

If you don not have a parameter disk, things just got a lot more complicated.
    Go to F10 (util) then F8 (info) send a pic or all information on that screen. Do you have the "red" electrical / mechanical manual that came with the machine?

sportybob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Please consider bellow, my reply to your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by sportybob View Post
    Diagnosing a "unassigned" error can be difficult.

1. what type of machine and drive configuration do you have. Pic of the inside of the electrical cabinet would be helpful.

[reply] My Machine is a milling machine Milltronics partner VM16 centurion V from 1995.

2. does the axis move rapidly on reset? then error out or just error out on reset?

[reply] On reset, everything works fine, no errors occured.

If it just errors out on reset, Try reloading the parameters. You have a back up parameter disk, don't you?

[reply] error message only occurs at Y home sequence, with no movement of Y axis.
    [reply] I have parameter disc and also hard drive image backup.

[reply] After weekend deeper investigation, I found a surprise after removing protecion plate from the Y motor, huge corrosion and brush out of position. Seems as it came from deep sea.

[reply] after cleaning and assembly the motor brush back to place, failure mode is same.

[reply] Rotating motor by hand, Y coordinate counts, so I assume encoder is fine, but motor got damaged or shortcircuit.

[reply] I will remove motor and check inside condition, If I cannot recover/restore it, I must search for other one. I hope motor is the single root cause.

Note: to All machine owners of EVERY TYPE, EVERY WHERE, Back it UP!!!!! NOW.

Insert the parameter disk into the floppy drive, on the front panel press F7 (prams) F7 ( load) it will reload the parameters. Remove the disk. turn off the power to the machine wait about 2 minutes and reapply power.
    try the reset.

If you don not have a parameter disk, things just got a lot more complicated.
    Go to F10 (util) then F8 (info) send a pic or all information on that screen. Do you have the "red" electrical / mechanical manual that came with the machine?

sportybob

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis-img_20171005_155837-jpg   Milltronics Vm16 "000 Unassigned error" when homing Y axis-img_20171005_161155-jpg