Need Help! Hauling Milltronics Partner 1F

Thread: Hauling Milltronics Partner 1F

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hauling Milltronics Partner 1F

How's it going? New here, just made the plunge into CNC machining at home. I currently work at a shop precision OD grinding tooling for the canning industry, ran some CNC lathes and Fanuc robotic cell as well. I originally planned on buying a benchtop CNC mill or a manual Bridgeport, but both run north of 3k around me. Then I stumbled upon a Milltronics Parter 1F on eBay 2 hrs from me. Sent a best offer, and well now I'm here. Sight unseen, a bit risky but for the price I had to try.Onto the meat of things, I'm trying to plan everything out to go smoothly when I go to pick it up this Friday. I have a fork lift lined up, a 10klb at my dads pallet shop, and arranged for a tow truck to drop the lift at my house. Also just barely managed to find a 6k cap trailer that our 1/2 ton could haul. The company I purchased from will load onto the trailer when we get there. Now my question is, what are the best locations to tie this machine down from? I plan on picking up at least 2 G70 chain binders and chains. I also plan on bringing some lumber to throw together a skid to distribute the weight. This is the biggest piece of equipment I've attempted to move, so any insight is appreciated. If you have pics of locations on the mill I should use or avoid using to tie down on, that would help even more so I can get a picture of what I'll be dealing with once there.

Similar Threads:

I have hauled several p1 mills. Unfortunately there's not a really good way to you're them down. However, in my experience, the best way I've found is to strap from one side of the trailer around the base and oppose the strap with another from the other side and around. Obviously the fiberglass won't offer any support. You may also want to screw down some 4x4 boards around the base to prevent any shifting or sliding. The base is concrete so chains will dig in and shell out chucks of the base unless you pad then with boards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hauling Milltronics Partner 1F

Hi all, just a correction on the base material. It is NOT concrete. The base is made of a composite granite. This base material is very thermally stable and offers very good damping properties.
    As a "ROCK" base, it can chip.

Sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hauling Milltronics Partner 1F

Got 'er home safe. Went smooth enough. You were right, there wasn't really a great way to strap it down. I did lag bolt some boards to deck to keep it from shifting.