Problem MB20 on single phase

Thread: MB20 on single phase

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MB20 on single phase

I have a 2000 model MB20 milltronics, which use the Yaskawa SGDB-10ADG servo axis drives. I am trying to run the machine on single phase. I have 3 other milltronics machines in my shop all running fine on single phase. I have spoken to Milltronics, they say to connect single phase 220V to L1 and L3, and connect a jumper from L3 to L2. I have done this, and get a phase loss error at the Yaskawa drives. This error shows up as soon as we try to move any axis. I have a JUSP handheld device and am comfortable working on the machine and drives. Any help on this would be appreciated. I can run the machine on a rotary phase convertor just fine - it is just noisy and I'd much rather get the machine running without it. I would appreciate any input on this.
    Thanks much.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MB20 on single phase

I think I remember that on problem some of the early machines. You may have to trace the the power leads backwards from the drives to the distribution block and put your jumper there, after you remove the one on the disconnect switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybod View Post
    I have a 2000 model MB20 milltronics, which use the Yaskawa SGDB-10ADG servo axis drives. I am trying to run the machine on single phase. I have 3 other milltronics machines in my shop all running fine on single phase. I have spoken to Milltronics, they say to connect single phase 220V to L1 and L3, and connect a jumper from L3 to L2. I have done this, and get a phase loss error at the Yaskawa drives. This error shows up as soon as we try to move any axis. I have a JUSP handheld device and am comfortable working on the machine and drives. Any help on this would be appreciated. I can run the machine on a rotary phase convertor just fine - it is just noisy and I'd much rather get the machine running without it. I would appreciate any input on this.
    Thanks much.
    L1 and L2 and jumper L1 to L3, this is the norm for any Yaskawa drives that has a phase sensor, and you want to run them on single phase, this would have to be connected this way at each drive, not at the input power supply of the machine, I'm not sure about your input power connection so make sure L3 ( input power supply ) on the drives is not connected to the drive, only the jumper from L1 to L3 if needed

Try the drives with just the L1 and L2 with power first, disconnect L3 and tape it up, then if it does not run then jumper L1 to L3 on each Drive, L1 and L2 must be where the main power is supplied to the Drives

Just try one axes this should work, I not sure of how the Input power should be wired, without seeing a wiring diagram, it should be quite easy to trace on your machine where the main L1 L2 L3 power runs

Make sure L1 and L2 have Power at the drive

Post a wiring diagram of your machine if you have it

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54:Thank you for the help on this. Using your information, I applied single phase 230V to L1(R) and L2(S) on the Yaskawa SGDB-10ADG servo drives. Unhooked L3(T) at drive - still a fault for phase loss. Jumpered L1(R) to L3(T) and they run no problem. Just as you said, power to L1 and L2, jump L1 to L3.
    Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a note: it could be important.
    When running single phase, the machine incoming power should be connected to L1 and L3, then jumper L1 or L3 to L2.

The machine uses L1 and L3 for the 220 to 110 transformer. so a "wild" leg ( 3 phase) or a jumper from L1 or L3 to L2 ( single phase) keeps every thing as it should be.

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sportybob View Post
    Just a note: it could be important.
    When running single phase, the machine incoming power should be connected to L1 and L3, then jumper L1 or L3 to L2.

The machine uses L1 and L3 for the 220 to 110 transformer. so a "wild" leg ( 3 phase) or a jumper from L1 or L3 to L2 ( single phase) keeps every thing as it should be.

sportybob
    The only problem with that is Yaskawa Servo Drives do not connect L1 ( R ) L3 ( T ) for Single Phase use, they only use L1 ( R ) L2 ( S ) for the input power supply, and you then jumper L1 ( R ) to L3 ( T ), you only jumper if you get a Phase Loss Fault, which most do, it would be no problem to change the L3 input power line to L2 connection for the transformer power

Mactec54