VM16 end of program rapid sets off Estop

Thread: VM16 end of program rapid sets off Estop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VM16 end of program rapid sets off Estop

Need help with a problem on my VM16. When the program finishes and rapids to a parking spot it sets off the Estop. I have to hold the emergency reset and jog X in a positive direction until the Estop clears and permits the table to be jogged normally. Program runs fine unless I try to rapid X positive when the tool is near the x positive limit.
    Could it be a bad limit switch?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VM16 end of program rapid sets off Estop

Yes, it could be a bad limit switch. It could also be a bad, mis-adjusted, or loose home switch. It could be as simple as a built-up of chips under the way cover that triggers the over-travel switch.

Pull the all covers back and clean everything,(you do that periodically anyway, don't you?) and inspect the home switch and the over-travel switch. Make sure they are clean and dry, tight, and in the right place. You should have .1 travel from the point the control finds the marker pulse on the encoder to the software limit, and approximately another .1 from the limit to the hard stop where the axis contacts the machine.