Need Help! Problems on VM17 192 error and problems finding home.

Thread: Problems on VM17 192 error and problems finding home.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Problems on VM17 192 error and problems finding home.

I have a VM 17 with Cent 6 which I have had a year or 2. When I first got it I had the same problems. I am getting the error pictured below. 192 address 0009:150 history line > main-HDW. I am also having trouble getting home position. We never figured out what the problem was originally but it has been working fine for the last few months. Yesterday it started doing this again. Previously it would happen every now and then. today It is failing I have been working on it all day to try to figure out the problem. I also had an issue today I noticed that when it homed to z it was about .4 inches low? Originally I sent the computer to Sporty Bob and he checked everything and never did find a problem. IT has the single board computer. I tried calling him yesterday and today but no answer. Is he still working on MIlltronics?
    Any help would be appreciated. Tomorrow I am going to call Milltronics.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Problems on VM17 192 error and problems finding home.

Is it possible that someone changed one or more of your axis drivers in the past? I assume it has sigma one yaskawa drives, if someone swapped one out and failed to go into the hidden parameters and widen the marker pulse, the homing will be inconsistent at best. Most of the time the control will miss the marker and either end up going an additional revolution of the axis motor or hit the over travel limit that will estop the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess it is possible. Do you know how to change the parameters? I have the little control that plugs into the drives.

Quote Originally Posted by allen mullis View Post
    Is it possible that someone changed one or more of your axis drivers in the past? I assume it has sigma one yaskawa drives, if someone swapped one out and failed to go into the hidden parameters and widen the marker pulse, the homing will be inconsistent at best. Most of the time the control will miss the marker and either end up going an additional revolution of the axis motor or hit the over travel limit that will estop the machine.

Yaskawa axis systems provide a marker pulse that is very short in the default setting. Parameter CN-6A is a parameter that must be set specially to widen out the marker pulse. If the marker pulse is not widened the control will periodically miss the marker and cause the machine to home incorrectly or hit the limit switch when homing. The procedure to change this follows:

Gain access to CN-6A

Start from the default screen on the digital operator, showing the mode of the drive. If the machine is not reset, the mode will be “ b b,” which stands for “base block.” These characters are often misread as a “66.”

While holding down the JOG/SVON button, press the down arrow three times, the up arrow two times, and the DATA/ENTER button two times. Then release the JOG/SVON button.

Press the DSPL/SET button to get to the constants screen. Make the left hand digit the blinking one, and then raise its value to 6. If the digital operator will not go past 2, then the access procedure was done incorrectly. If the digital operator goes past 2, then the access procedure was successful. Use the right arrow to make the right hand digit blink, and set it to A. The constants screen should say “CN6A.”

Press DATA/ENTER to see the value in CN6A. It might be something like
    “H.A40A.” Using the arrow keys as before, change the second from rightmost digit to 2. The example value would then become “H.A42A.” Press DATA/ENTER to make the whole screen blink and save the value. Press DATA/ENTER to return to the main constants screen. Cycle power to let the drive read the new value.

Downloads
    Uploads

I spoke to Sporty Bob tday and we got some of the issues straigtened out.

THe 192 error was caused by a bad board.

The homing issue seems to be another issue. Thought it may have been the home switches but they are working fine. I think it may be the encoder? but not sure why it would be random. I think they are optical encoders

Downloads
    Uploads

My drives are a little different they are Servo pack SGDB-10adg. the setting in cn6 is 800

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CGmaster, The SGDB-10ADG are the Yaskawa Sigma 1 drives. When we talked on the phone. I assumed that the homing had worked OK in the past, so I did not mention the marker pulse width as described by Allen , As 99.99% don't have a "hand held" digital operator to view the parameters, I thought it a "moot point" to mention it. Also when you set it to "home to marker" it did not seem to travel move then the .200 to .250 inches ( one turn of the ball screw) So lead me in the direction of a possible open wire in the cable.

If you got a " 800" display when in "CN6A", you did not do the " super secret handshake" on the digital operator correctly.( the up twice, down twice, turn your self around) as you were not in CN6A. CN6A is a Hexadecimal setting so it would have shown a "H" xxxxx on the display. Some times it takes a couple of try's to get it. Try it again. :-)

Call when you get a chance.

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I messed with it all day today. all the wires seem good from what I can see with a meter. I tried a few other things today as well. 2 times the machine was out of place but not by .25" like I would have suspected. once by about .16" and another time a little under .2" the odd thing is that it was x axis once and y the other time. I thik the z servo drive and the encoder feedback wire on z has been replaced at a minimum sometime before I got the machine.the color of the drives is a little different.

I don't have the full operator panel for the drives the one I have is the small 4 button pad. I will try again to enter service mode to check that again.

I was tempted to swap the z axis motor with x but I think it has a brake only on the z axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also want to thank Sporty Bob he is a wealth of knowledge on these machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cgmaster View Post
    Also want to thank Sporty Bob he is a wealth of knowledge on these machines.
    Hi CGMaster, Yea, you need the full size hand held to check and / or set the mark pulse width. The small 2" square unit is a nice item to have to check basic parameters and fault codes. and will do about 90% of the full size unit.

Give me a call, I have a loaner unit available.

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to say thank you to Sporty Bob and Allen Mullis.

Got the other handheld operator yesterday which fixed the homing problems which I have had since I fit the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi cgmaster, could you specify which board you changed to eliminate error 192? thanks