Partner 1 error 408

Thread: Partner 1 error 408

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Partner 1 error 408

Hopefully someone can help me. I haven't used my mill for a few weeks. I powered it up this evening and am getting Error 408 Y Axis Excess Error. I tried turning the screw by hand and it was stuck. The x Axis screw turned nice and smoothly. I took the cover off the front and I couldn't turn the pulley by hand, I had to use a wrench. Once it started moving it got easier but it still has a bad bearing feel. To figure out if it was the screw or servo I took the top pulley off. A bearing on the screw or the ball nut is bad. The servo spins nice and freely. So that is problem 1.
    Problem 2 is the servo won't turn when I try to home the machine. It still gives that error. Does this mean the servo is probably burned up because of the bad bearing? Is there something I can check in case it is something like a fuse or relay or something? It got late so I didn't get a chance to track down the wiring yet. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.
    Btw, it had a Centurion 5 controller.

Thanks!

Mike

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Partner 1 error 408

Try trading the X axis drive with the Y axis drive to see if the error changes to an X axis error
    If it does, you need to have the drive card repaired.

Downloads
    Uploads

You most likely took out the drive with the locked up ball screw.

Check the fuse on the drive card, it is a 20A slow blow type. if it is good, then you took out the drive. If the fuse is bad, try replacing it and see what happens, it might work or it might take out the fuse again, but try the $1- fix first.

I have parts available if needed
    PM me for more info

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks you guys! Caught a nasty cold over the weekend so I didn't get a chance to troubleshoot further. I'll get out there this week sometime and let you know.

Downloads
    Uploads

I seem to have gotten lucky so far! I swapped X and Y and Y worked. Found a reset switch on the card when I took to out. After I reset it and put it back the servo is working now. The bad bearing was the one right in front. I've got it on order so hopefully that's all that's wrong!
    One weird thing though,I homed it and just pressed one of the limit switches to finish the cycle and when I jog any Axis it moves really slowly. Would that be from it not homing correctly since I hit the switch?

Thanks!

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

I got everything put back together just now and it's working great again! I wasn't paying enough attention the other day, the feed rate was down to 10%.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike, Glade to hear all is well.
    As for the feed rate switch, Just wait, at some point you will got to run a program and axis don't move, After about an hour of checking all sorts of things, It dawns on you. DOOOw, the feed rate is at 0%.

It happens to us all. :-0

sportybob