The NEW Milltronics machines

Thread: The NEW Milltronics machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Default The NEW Milltronics machines

Hi All on CNC Zone.
    This is a report of a recent visit to an open house at Milltronics CNC on July 22 2016.
    In a word, Impressive!

The fact that in the year that Hurco has owned Milltronics and has come out with an entirely new line of VM machines and a new control is nothing short of amazing.
    The fact that these machines are new from the ground up, well built and fit and finish is really good across the line, just adds to that amazement.
    These are NOT a “well, let’s use X,Y,and Z and repaint them” These are all new designs.
    Now, a little about the machines. The new base has a 6” wider Y axis saddle and 10” wider column. Pre-tensioned double nut ball screws. A new “Big Plus” 10K spindle, a new 20 pocket swing arm tool changer and lots more is new. Including the new color scheme, which I like.
    I was a little worried about lighting on the inside of the machine as the new inside color appears “to be black”. It is a dark gray color that stops lighting glare without dimming the LED lighting. The machine is well lit.
    The fit and finish throughout the machine line up is excellent.

The machines come in 2 variants. A belted spindle and an inline spindle.
    The belted spindle versions use Yaskawa Sigma 5 axis motors and drives with a new 15 or 20 HP spindle motor with direct encoder feed back to the Yaskawa spindle drive. (the Yaskawa Sigma 5 axis drives and motors are the same as in previous machines, the spindle motor and drive are new)
    The inline versions use the Mitsubishi MR-J3 drives and motors with the Mitsubishi inline spindle motors, (as in previous machines)
    The test cuts I saw being done were varied from small 3d 4 axis parts to Hogging, parts showed really good finishes.
    The new 9000 control is just as impressive. A whole new control using Windows 7 OS with a 15” touch screen. Lots of new features, but still our much loved programming layout. If you run a C5, C6, C7, 7200, 8000 or 8200 control you will feel “right at home”.
    The controls touch screen has the F-keys and any conversational screen input (feed, speed etc.) or you can tab thru the inputs as before. The front panel keys have a nice tactile feel to them.
    The front panel rotation can be locked in position and is adjustable up and down on a “slide pole”. Nice!
    The new control allows for a new “app” for your phone or tablet that allows for someone to log in and watch the control in action and if the camera option is purchased, switch between the control and a view from the inside of the machine. That’s pretty cool.
    Software engineers also seem to be working on a list of customer “asked for” added functions and features that had been on “hold” while bringing the 9000 control “on line”.

The Milltronics USA website has also had an update. Check it out at Milltronics USA - Let's Invent
    Call your local dealers for more information, it is my understanding the pricing on the new line up is a real value.

If there was any doubt about what Hurco’s intentions were about Milltronics, this HUGE effort on Hurco’s and Milltronics engineering staff this last year, WILL put an end to ANY doubt about management’s commitment to the Milltronics line. And, they do not appear to be done yet.

IMTS should be a GREAT showing for Milltronics.

Bob McManus
    Electro Mech Tech Services
    AKA SportyBob