How do you load dxf from floppy?

Thread: How do you load dxf from floppy?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do you load dxf from floppy?

I have a dxf file loaded onto a floppy and it is installed into drive C. I'm following the Milltronics youtube video on how to load a dxf file. I don't have the f2 menu button on my screen. Thanks, Chris. I have a Milltronics c6 control.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by plane captain; 03-12-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do you load dxf from floppy?

I changed file name to O1234 and was able to load file.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to import (load) the DXF file into a conversational program, Typically you would start a new program, get your tool change done etc, start a mill cycle, then do the import. then end the mill cycle.
    The control will not run a "RAW" dxf file by it self.
    There are 2 variants to the DXF file import. 1, the early way ( before about software version ~X.169) 2, the new way after about software version~X169.
    The misc parameter "import file type" needs to be DXF

The early import will ask a couple of questions, including the global 0/0, Don't know,? get the print and check..
    where the file is located, a:\ or c:\ ( floppy drive)
    The name of the file.
    Then press import, and the file will import, it will tell you the # of enities (line segments) and some other info.
    It will then show you the tool path. WHAT it all not there ??? what the ????
    Well here is where ya go back to the person who drew the files and find out how sloppy they drew it. Believe it or not cad drawings will have all segments that are are connected.
    Now you go back to the MISC parameters and look for " CAD epsilon" it is default to 0, now set it for something larger then 0. The epsilon, is a inch value that at the end of a segment it will go out the value of epsilon and if there is another segment it will join up and press on. it is not uncommon to set this to ~.010"

Do you self a favor and make your cad drawings in layers, and only import the layer you want to work in.
    looking for a NICE inexpensive CAD program?? try Delta CAD, Delta Cad - World's easiest CAD program, CAD software

#2 new, pretty much the same except easier, and you don't need to know the global 0/0.

here is a copy from Milltronics on the "new" file import.

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

OK maybe here is the DXF howto??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you load dxf from floppy?-controltips_centurion_dxfimport-pdf