Milltronics Partner Machines - Looking for some Feedback - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milltronics Partner Machines - Looking for some Feedback

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milltronics Partner Machines - Looking for some Feedback

Any of these machines will do 3D work, and large files. I have run parts on my '92 Partner 4 Knee Mill with the Centurion 5 controller (which is stock, not the single board conversion) that had files up into the 3 and 4 mb file size using drip feed from the computer. Now this was back when I first got the machine, and I wasn't too experienced with 3D, but I ran a part that was about 4" thick, 24" long by 11" wide covering a large portion of the part with 3D paths... had like a six hour run time.

Probably could have been a lot faster with more rpm and faster deed rates, but I was using a 1/4" ball end mill hanging out 3"+ to get down into the part, so even though this was in MDF, chatter and such became an issue.

Just trying to say, drip feed is no problem for the occasional huge file, and you should be good for contouring on even one as old as mine up to maybe 60-80ipm. If you want to get into the HSM options and try contouring upwards of 200ipm, you are going to have to reconsider if the 3D path is all short straight-line moves like you get with most software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which of these machines can be powered by single phase? P6, VM15, VM16

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tlowe, all of the above machines could possibly run on single phase, The Vm-16 depending on the year built ( 2000 +) might have a spindle drive and axis drives that need 3 phase.

Sporty bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12