tool changer ?

Thread: tool changer ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default tool changer ?

Can you put a side mount swing arm style on a machine that supposedly came with a umbrella style ?
    Machine in question is a 1999 vm15 cent 6

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: tool changer ?

What is your reason for you wanting to change the method of tool changes in the first place? I think you'd be investing more time frustration and money than the machine in question is worth...IF it can be done at all. You'd need to change out sheet metal, add cylinders and motors, then there's wiring, logic, and software changes involved. Plus the casting may not be prepared for the switch. Not to mention all the labor to get it done and then dial it all in.

CML

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Machine does not have 1 at all I've been watching Orca that got a bunch of over stock parts from Milltronics . But as I figured it'll cost more then the machine is worth and really can't shut it down without another 1 running .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

COULD it be done? Yes. SHOULD it be done? Probably not, it would be way cheaper to sell that machine and buy one with the swing-arm toolchanger already on it.