I can think of one of four things:
(1) The motor controller is not receiving the signal to start from the card cage.
(2) The motor controller is not receiving the speed from the card cage, and assuming zero.
(3) The motor controller is damaged.
(4) The motor is damaged.
So, a few questions:
(1) Does the motor turn on in reverse? If so, it would lead me to believe it is not receiving signal from the card cage for forward (with the Partner 1 I have helped out, forward and reverse are two different signals).
(2) Do you have enough electrical experience to work in a "hot" environment? Because if not, you need to call someone. My next areas would be checking signals using a DMM to make sure the motor controller is getting signals. In the controller, Pin 1 to ground should read 24 VDC when the machine is not rotating "forward", and should read 0 VDC when it is. Similarly, pin 2 should read 24 VDC to ground when the machine is not spinning in "reverse", and 0 VDC when it is.
Above and beyond that, I do not know how to test the motor controller or the motor.