Problem Invalid Graphfile path

Thread: Invalid Graphfile path

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Invalid Graphfile path

I have a P1 Cen 5 control. I have 2 problems 1 in the machine and 1 caused by me. I was experiencing an excess error 450 code in all motions of the machine during cutting during rapid movements and just sitting there. So I decided to reset the boards in the control when I rebooted the machine it said Invalid GraphFile Path and it did not recognize the floppy drive which was working fine just prior. In my search in this forum the Invalid graphfile path is related to a dead battery in the MB or Simdisk board. Did the battery die from just resetting the boards? and why the excess error code all the time? any suggestions ?

Thanks John

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check the motherboard memory sticks, maybe you dislodged one when you were re-seating the other boards.

If the floppy doesn't work, check the CMOS settings. Look at the memory settings and the drives settings. Bad CMOS usually means bad battery.

The Invalid GraphFile Path error means that the control software doesn't find the location for the graph file as listed on the 4th line in the PATH.DAT file. Frequently a lack of enough memory to create a RAM drive causes this problem.

You need to resolve this issue before you can look at the E-Stop problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Invalid graphfile path

ZZZZ

I got into the cmos setup and found that the floppy size was wrong so i changed it to 1.4 and Video to EGA/VGA. Rebooted machine and it now recognized the floppy but still gives me invalid graphfile path. I checked both boards and did not find any lose chips or anything else. Looks like it lost its settings and defaulted. I have pics of the screens if that helps. What else would cause this problem?

Thanks John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

At the b:\ram prompt, type in DATE enter and see if it is way off. Turn the power off for a while and see if it has lost the floppy and graphics settings, if so, it does sound as if the motherboard battery is dead

Please check and report back.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ZZZZ
    Ok checked date and it was way off 01/01/2080 so I changed it to todays date powered down and powered up and at the B:\ prompt typed date and enter and the date was correct. Powered the machine down for the night and will power up tomorrow evening if you think thats long enough and see if it retained what i did today. If it does retain all the data I entered what else could be the problem? Path file seems to be correct. Thanks for all your help

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the date goes back to 1980, you need a battery.

If the date is still good, at the b:\ prompt, type cd ram enter
    The prompt should change to b:\ram
    Then type A:\cnc\cnc enter and see if you are still getting the Invalid Graphfile error.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ZZZZ

Turned machine on tonight and it had yesterdays date in it and when I typed in what you told me to do it still said invalid graphfile path. Assuming its the battery were is it and what does it look like? Are they easy to get?

Thanks John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As the control boots up, you will see the message:

Press any key to enter the shell 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Press a key before it gets to 1 and you will get a *A:\ prompt.

Press F1 to get the menu and then whichever F key to change the Path.dat.

Backspace the C:\ away and make it B:\ (shift+dot gives you the : colon and shift+minus gives you the \ backslash)

When you have made the change and are back to the *A:\ prompt, press ESC

If everything else is okay, it should boot the control software to it's normal screen.

This will use some of your part program storage space and you will still have the RAM drive problem to resolve.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ZZZZ
    I reassigned the drives like you said

A:\ Rom
    B: \ Ram
    B:\ Parts
    Graghics B:\
    Floppy C:\

It booted up and ran my programs just fine. I also found out why i was getting a 450 error code. It is the VFD its giving off and overload code. Its directly related to the RPM of the motor. When you lower the RPM of the motor it will give you an overload code. If I run 1000RPM the drive will not kick off. But I cant run a 1" drill at 1000 RPM Lol. I will work with that from the manual supplied with VFD. Its a yaskawa V1000 it is not the stock VFD. Now that we have this working do you think there is something wrong with the board or do you think its the battery? Thanks again for your help.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I believe you have a battery that is getting old, I think that caused you to lose the CMOS settings as indicated by the floppy drive setting and the date setting. I'll bet that the memory setting is also wrong and isn't recognizing enough memory to create the RAM drive where the graphic files are normally stored.

But then again, you may have a bad motherboard or bad memory chips.

I'm glad it now seems to work okay for you, other than using some of the part program storage space.