SkyFireCNC

Thread: SkyFireCNC

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SkyFireCNC

This thread is used for a general Discussion of SkyFire CNC products. At this time they offer 3 sizes. SVM0, SVM1, and SVM2. This later model is based on the same castings as the Mikinimech 1019L. Products in this line can be used to upgrade the the Mikinimech.

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SkyFireCNC

While I am waiting for my Skyfire SVM-2. I am also trying to get a clearer picture on the SkyFireCNC Company. My impression is that it a Sole Proprietorship that has to date delivered about 15 Machines across 3 product sizes. Background can be found on the owners website SKYFIRE CNC and on the original thread started by SkyFire "Thread: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end".
    I started this thread as an attempt to consolidate the general discussion about these machines and also encourage the spinoff of more specific discussions about individual machines and projects in a closely related forum, eventually to encourage the moderators of CNCZone to give SkyFire its own Forum such as Tormach's.
    SkyFire also has provided support for the now defunct line of Mikinimech Mills by supplying components and manuals for the 1610L.

I am hoping we will start hearing about more of the success stories, and not just the problems. I am also hoping the owners that have successfully employed their purchases will assist those of us who are just getting started with our investment in SkyFire.

Last edited by hab82; 05-01-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: remove duplication

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi hab,

I just saw your thread here and really appreciate what you are doing for us! I will update your machine progress here from time to time and if I have other threads next, I will put a link here too.

Thank you and just let you know that your machine status is good. will take several pictures for you soon.

Regards,
    Defeng

www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: info@skyfirecnc.com; Skype: skyfirecnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Defeng,
    Can you update my machine controller and BT30 spindle progress here from time to time? I expect you can finish them soon, then I plan to purchase rotary 6" or 8" for my milling machine. Can you give me info on rotary price 6" and 8". Thanks. Aristo Suratman.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Hello Defeng,
    Can you update my machine controller and BT30 spindle progress here from time to time? I expect you can finish them soon, then I plan to purchase rotary 6" or 8" for my milling machine. Can you give me info on rotary price 6" and 8". Thanks. Aristo Suratman.
    Hi Asuratman,

I received your email and checking the stuff list. controller box is all done and several small items seems out of store now. I will send you an email for details. Will send out the controller box orders asap.

Regards,
    Defeng

www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: info@skyfirecnc.com; Skype: skyfirecnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    Thanks for the info. When those controller and spindle ready, ready for shipment, please let me know and send me email. I hope soon, and we can start business again. Sorry huys, I don't hijack this thread.
    Thanks. Asuratman

so its been a few years now, are there any owners are happy with their purchase and can recommend one of these machines.

Currently considering purchasing one of the svm2's , I have read they have experienced teething issues with sensors etc which is expected for a new product.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JustBrett View Post
    so its been a few years now, are there any owners are happy with their purchase and can recommend one of these machines.
    There is a very active Skyfire group on facebook. Recommend you check them out.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.