The sound of the Crickets in here is DEAFENING!

Thread: The sound of the Crickets in here is DEAFENING!

Downloads
    Uploads
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: The sound of the Crickets in here is DEAFENING!

I wonder how many Mikinis are actually out there. Not that I care anymore but there probably aren't a lot. Plus since they are out of business people probably care even less.

Did you ever get your new BLDC driver figured out? Any more news from Defeng?

warmachinellc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Defeng has resurfaced, and has posted a good bit on his thread. Sounds like 1 or 2 machines are en route to his first direct customers. I also got him to post the instructions for his spindle driver: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...ml#post1683208

I have not yet installed the driver, but hope to do so in the coming weeks. I will post up here when I do. Crossing my fingers that spindle speed consistency and high load capability is improved!

I agree there are likely only a few of us owners on here, probably 10 or less. I AM very glad Defeng will be there as a resource for us should be need to get some kind of support or information. I do love the mechanical machine of the Mikini, if only it had an equally capable electronics package and capable support, I think they could have done well. I wonder what the details around the closure were, I suspect the economy had a good bit to do with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah the economy AND the spindle issues. I'm sure that alone scared off quite a few potential buyers. I'll be anxious to see how the new driver works out! I very glad Defeng showed back up and didn't leave everyone high and dry. Have you been using your Mikini at all?

warmachinellc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm still hanging around. Haven't done anything to my mill in a long time... I do run it almost every day making my parts and could not be happier with the results. I really don't think of it as a Mikini mill anymore. I even removed all of the original decals. I just refer to it as "The Mill"

I'm at the point of wanting a tool changer. I have one on my Emco lathe and have been really spoiled with it. I had thoughts of building a tool changer, but, I decided when the time comes for a changer ...I'll get something like a Haas or a small Fadal..maybe a Brother cnc.

Anyway, hope you folks are doing well and making chips

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    Have you been using your Mikini at all?
    Sadly no. I moved last September, and am still digging out, getting things in order in the new place... MUCH better setup, but haven't used the mill at all since the move.