Mikini's Replacement

Thread: Mikini's Replacement

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mikini's Replacement

Hello folks, Hope all is well in Mikini land I've been following this thread.... http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...nning_end.html and thought that the machine looked kinda familiar Then I read Swath's reply here...http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mikini...ed_mikini.html and it kinda of confirmed things.

I went to the web site....SKYFIRE CNC and read the specs and it does seem that these guys are replicating the Mikini ... hopefully with better electronics and service

What really caught my eye was the BT30 spindle they offer. It looks like it may work on our machines....would be great for an ATC setup.

Similar Threads:
    pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Note it is not a "copy", from that thread it sounds like they designed the original Mikini hardware (castings, etc.), but Phil had the mills made somewhere else. So the Mikini is actually a "copy" of this mill, but made first... Also sounds like Phil sourced his own cheap electronics. I have inquired about sourcing an improved spindle controller for the Mikini - we are working on a drop in replacement with better capabilities...

CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

slowtwitch,

I'd like to see if you'd be interested in retrofitting our Mikini Mill. I tried to send you a message, but it says you can't receive anymore PM's. Could you send me a PM with your contact info so we can discuss this over the phone?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

SkyFire has a new controller for me, just need to get the cover in before he ships.

CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining...