I now have no CNC control engineer to help me with my brand new old (1989) Fanuc 3 axis Auto Profiler, heart attack took him down but not out! I'm in central Indiana and looking for an engineer that can do board level diagnostics on site. I don't want to start pulling boards and sending them to someone that wants to sell me a "reconditioned" board. If machine is mechanically sound enough, it only has 3000 hours of cutting styrofoam at a college in Cincinnati, Ohio I will attempt to put it back in service. I'm new to CNC and was relying on my engineer (retired friend) who has 30 years of industry experience to walk me through the newbie process.

Right now there is a constant +Z axis over travel problem unrelated to any contact to limit switches. Also, someone that moved the machine out of the college hooked the Y axis encoder cable and stressed it to a point a couple of the seventeen wires soldered in the Amphenol connector were pulled loose. Reconnect was not successful and machine is still down. Anyone who knows a reliable, fully knowledgeable Fanuc (General Numeric) control systems engineer or firm please let me know.