Tool quality

Thread: Tool quality

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool quality

I've been thinking of buying new calipers and a 0-6 O.D. Mic just wanted to know if anyone can give me some input on Shars brand. I have some Mitituyo calipers and they're excellent. Just not fond of the price

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tool quality

Never heard of the brand, but being on a tight budget I buy my calipers and most everything else on ebay. Most listings let you zoom in close to look at the caliper jaws.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tool quality

I also have a number of Mitituyo measuring tools and other quality brands in my toolbox, all acquired years ago as a full time machinist. I always try to buy as good a tool as I can afford and have never doubted the wisdom of doing so. My tools have followed me across 5 states, three countries and more than a couple career changes. Now I'm retired and my well cared for tools are still used regularly and venturing into the world of hobby CNC's my old friends are being used every day once more.

Around my home we often find quality tools in the most unexpected places, among them pawn shops (examine them closely always) offer the best prices, Craigslist, even auctions, provided there aren't hundreds of other "tool guys" bidding against you for that 6" Caliper or mic. I recently purchased a very nice combination square set with wood box for $35 at a pawn shop I frequent in speech of tools, guns and reloading supplies.