Need Help! Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china

Thread: Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china

Hola amigos

Soy muy nuevo en este campo, me he comprado recientemente una CNC 3040 VFD 800W china, y estoy algo confuso en su configuracion y funcionamiento
    he configurado el MACH3 con los datos que aparecian en un pdf que me enviaron los chino pero como son unos datos genéricos dudo que sean los propios de mi maquina
    el motivo es que el MACH3 me hace cosas muy raras el eje Y y X por ejemplo aveces van bien pero otras veces esta cambiado de sentido es decir el + es - y el - es +
    cuando le doy a ejecutar el g-code carga en el mach3 hay veces que el cero no coincide y cuando le hago un zero manual a todos los ejes en el toolpath no veo nada mas
    que una parte del g-code cargado.... bueno si alguien fuera tan amable de decirme que parámetros de velocidades, pasos y limites debo de ponerle al mach3 se lo agradecería

Estoy intentando configurar el LinuxCNC pero me pide datos que desconozco de esta maquina si alguno los tiene please, me los facilite, gracias.

Saludos y Gracias.
    P.D.: Por si sirve de algo aquí dejo la hoja de características que envía el fabricante. y alguna foto.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-pag8-pdf   Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-cnc1-jpg   Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-cnc2-jpg   Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-cnc3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china

Anyone familiar with this Chinese 3040 4 axis Controller box, if so is it capable of limit switches?

Downloads
    Uploads

yes
    if your breakout board is like this one
    Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-cnc2-jpg

to answer another post I reverse engineered the board to produce this
    Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-tx14175-circuit-jpg

john

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    yes
    if your breakout board is like this one

to answer another post I reverse engineered the board to produce this

john
    Tomorrow I will open it up and see what I got. I didn't want to open it up blindly.

Also do you use MACH3 controller software? If so, can you control the spindle speed with the software, I use Mach3 controller, but it won't control the spindle speed. The spindle will start with the software, but the speed goes Maximum, the only way I can control the speed of the spindle is using the manual setting on the controller box with the knob.

Thank You

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't use Mach3 or 4 at the moment
    but if things go to plan I will have more time to my self next week and should be able to put together a "new" PC for the internet
    releasing this PC I am using for use as a CNC control with no anti virus / internet security software !

my last PC that I used to access the net was killed by a thunder storm ! so the one intended to run Mach was pressed into service

fortunately all my PDF magazines had been backed up - all 98Gb !! (the oldest being Practical Wireless - February 1932)
    so I guess its going to take a week or two before I'm happy with the "new " machine and can format the old machine to start a fresh install of windows & Mach for use as a CNC controller - phase 2 - the machine is a collection of parts

john

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't use Mach3 or 4 at the moment
    but if things go to plan I will have more time to my self next week and should be able to put together a "new" PC for the internet
    releasing this PC I am using for use as a CNC control with no anti virus / internet security software !

my last PC that I used to access the net was killed by a thunder storm ! so the one intended to run Mach was pressed into service

fortunately all my PDF magazines had been backed up - all 98Gb !! (the oldest being Practical Wireless - February 1932)
    so I guess its going to take a week or two before I'm happy with the "new " machine and can format the old machine to start a fresh install of windows & Mach for use as a CNC controller - phase 2 - the machine is a collection of parts

john
    I don't know if you are considering Mach3/4 or not, myself I like it, just a couple things could be better, but I will find the answer. Mach3/4 works only with 32 bit OS and uses the parallel port, I don't believe the USB, not sure. I just built a computer just for the Mach3 and CNC, with parts laying around and it runs fine, don't have to spend big buck or have a monster computer to run it. Mine is a Pentium 4 with Win7.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan

good point about 64 bit windows OS and Mach not working if you try to use the printer port

I will be using the parallel printer port on the old Dell optiplex 755 , originally bought to run Mach 3

I have not decided if I will re install on 32bit XP or Vista operating system - I have both operating system disks and Dell drivers

the only way to use a USB connection is to use a motion controller not a USB adaptor for a printers parallel printer port !

if I was going to buy a motion controller I would go for a RJ45 network connection not a USB connection

I did not have Mach 3 running for very long , so I think I'm going to be starting from square one again !

The "new ( to me) " PC is about 18 months old and just needs a SATA hard drive -
    I think I have one I can free up once I have checked the files it contains are backed up else were

John

Downloads
    Uploads

I finally opened up the controller box, here are the images of the main board. I don't know what the "MI#" connectors are for, also I think I shot the wrong board.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-p1010012-jpg   Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-p1010015-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I can not remember where I downloaded this part English PDF manual from
    Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-vfd-english-manual-pdf

it gives a hint at what the connections are , possibly more if you know some one that can translate the Chinese text

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You for the PDF files. Looking at the PDF and trying to make sense, something occurred to me. I bought the CNC Router off of EBay and as I researched for the one I needed I picked the one I have, which was suppose to have the connection for limit switch and auto zero on the "Z". But this being something I had no knowledge of CNC functions, and got distracted by receiving three separate packages on three separate days thinking parts of my system was lost in the mail. Now thinking about it, they sent me the wrong controller box, it think it has been too long to get exchange and have to check if I can find who I bought it from. I think the connectors I needed were the "R" connectors for the multi relay, the "M" connector are multi function. I will have to keep checking for alternative.

Downloads
    Uploads

for your router you only need to connect the analogue 0 - 10V control and forward relay to the spindle VFD speed control board

Hi Dan

this needs checking but could help
    Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-6040-controlbox-wiring-jpg

GX12 - 3 or GX12-4 chassis plugs will fit into the holes in the box for the limit swich connections

one thing I would change is the GX16-5 chassis plug used for the spindle motor

this 4 pole touchproof socket is a possible solution
    https://www.rapidonline.com/catalogu...proof%20socket

John
    PS
    the wire colours are likely to depend on who made your control box and what was the cheapest cable at the time

PPS
    to connect to the breakout boord inputs I think you need a
    Hilitchi 2.54mm JST-XHP 5 Pin Female Pin Head Connector
    ebay & amazon sell a kit of 2 to 5 pole plugs and sockets

http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eXH.pdf

Last edited by john-100; 10-12-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: add PPS

Downloads
    Uploads

for your router you only need to connect the analogue 0 - 10V control and forward relay to the spindle VFD speed control board

Hi Dan

this needs checking but could help

GX12 - 3 or GX12-4 chassis plugs will fit into the holes in the box for the limit swich connections

one thing I would change is the GX16-5 chassis plug used for the spindle motor

this 4 pole touchproof socket is a possible solution
    https://www.rapidonline.com/catalogu...proof%20socket

John
    PS
    the wire colours are likely to depend on who made your control box and what was the cheapest cable at the time

PPS
    to connect to the breakout boord inputs I think you need a
    Hilitchi 2.54mm JST-XHP 5 Pin Female Pin Head Connector
    ebay & amazon sell a kit of 2 to 5 pole plugs and sockets

http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eXH.pdf
    I am not sure if I understand what this is for, or its function. Sorry, I am just a little confused.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan

its part of a collection of notes I have for a 3 axis 6040 router

the left hand side should apply to your machine
    ( see your photo in post 8 )

the 7 way terminal block just has the mains supply on the R & S terminals & the spindle motor on W.V & U

the 11 way terminal just has AVI , COM & FWD going to the breakout boards COMMON . relay N/C and the a Analogue output

three wires from the manual / P.C control selector switch goes to small white 4 pin connector near the 10 pin control connector ( lower right corner)

Nuevo con CNC 3040 VFD 800W china-6040-controlbox-vfd-wiring-jpg

NOTE- the earth / ground connection to the spindle motor is not continuous as supplied
    and the use of a chassis mounting plug on the back of the box is a hazard if the spindle motor is unplugged and the power then is switched on

the left hand side traces the colour code used for the motor wiring for one version of the 3 axis machine
    the object was to ensure one motor coil is connected to the stepper driver A+ & A- terminals and the other coil to B+ & B-

John

the PPS makes ref to the connector required to add the limit switch wiring to the breakout board

the GX12-4 connector will fit the holes in the control box to add the limit switch wiring to the machine

Last edited by john-100; 10-12-2017 at 06:47 PM.