Type of Steel for Conical Spring Washers in CNC Drawbar

Thread: Type of Steel for Conical Spring Washers in CNC Drawbar

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Type of Steel for Conical Spring Washers in CNC Drawbar

I am replacing the Conical Spring Washers in my CNC Vertical Milling Machine Drawbar, but can't find a reference to what type of Spring Steel they are. I have almost 0 knowledge in metallurgy and am hoping someone here can help.

I have found some links around CNC Zone saying others have replaced their spring washers with ones available at McMaster-Carr (which states they can be made from the following)
    All of these springs are made to the requirements of DIN 2093:
    High-carbon steel offers strength.
    Chrome-vanadium steel provides strength as well as wear resistance.
    Type 17-7 PH stainless steel offers corrosion resistance.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like McMaster-Carr has my exact size. I have sourced some springs from China which claim to be DIN 2093 as well, and they can make them from 50 CV, 60Si2Mn, or 50 CV4 types of Spring Steel but I don't know what is the closest is to what I have now. Has anyone worked with Drawbar Spring Washers and know what type of steel I should get? Does it really matter in the short term? Will the only difference be how long they last, or is there some great importance to the type of spring steel I get?

The most important aspect for my setup is that the spring steel have the correct amount of pressure when deflected. Would the difference in steel types affect this to a great extent? I've attached some pictures of my setup. The springs I currently have are black in color and my total drawbar pressure is between 1,500 to 2,500 pounds. Springs are stacked in sets of 4 (Total of 108 spring washers)