I would like to increase the wear resistance on 200 small titanium axles. The axle shaft is 1.5" long with a .25" diameter. There are threads on the opposite end so some masking would be necessary.
1. Does this process work well with titanium?
2. Will I get the same wear resistance with titanium as I would get if the axles were steel.
3. I would only want .0005 build up because the axles are already machined.
4. Can this be done for a reasonable cost, like $1.00 per axle in lots of 200?
5. These things weigh less than an once each so shipping them most anywhere in the US would not be a financial hardship, can someone suggest a top quality plater.
Thanks for helping;