Thread: North Dallas, TX

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how did it go

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amazingly well. We got a lot of good tips exchanged. There was about 8 people, and I think we could end up with more next time if some of the people who'd posted in this thread earlier attend the next meeting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It was great to meet similar folks as myself that are wanting to get into all this cool stuff of CNC machines!

It seems I've misplaced two of the items I was showing around the table. I'm hoping I just misplaced them. I'm saddened I can't find them.

When shall we meet up again?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you guys can pick a place further North (like in Plano off 75, or the Allen/McKinney area) I will show up bearing gifts and lotsa neat things to touch and feel (motors, controllers, Hand Controller etc). I have a laptop that is configured to run MACH and our electronics. Just need 120VAC for setting up a quick demo.

I realize this is lunch hour for a lot of you so long travel is out. Maybe an evening or weekend meeting might give more guys a chance to attend.

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lets pick a place/time for August.

Maybe Frisco would be good since it's easy access to the tollway/121? That wouldn't be such a bad drive for those in Irving.

Tom's got some great electronics, ie controllers and such. Thanks again Tom for a fantastic product!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question HELP!

I am new to at this. How do I post a question? I know how to post replys but I can not figure out how to post a question for the "Community". I am located in Grand Prairie Texas so I thought a fellow Texan might could help me out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Find the forum you want to post in, then find the button that says "new thread" and click it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by osphoto View Post
    Find the forum you want to post in, then find the button that says "new thread" and click it.
    I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Got room for one more?
    Weekends preferable.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DFW CNC GROUP MEETING

Big Tex

Welcome aboard ..... I say "the more the merrier".
    Don't think we have picked a day or site for an August meet.
    I plan on attending the NTCNCUG meeting on July 30 -- Aug 3
    in Ft Worth.

Check it out --- www.ntcncug.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Please look me up when you get there I will have Joe's 4x4 Hybrid there, had to miss that one......
    Regarding meet, please set it up on weekend as I ma out of town Mon-Fri.
    THX

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by osphoto View Post
    It seems I've misplaced two of the items I was showing around the table. I'm hoping I just misplaced them. I'm saddened I can't find them.
    Which two items? Phoenix and I only saw the chain and the "bat signal" MDF prototype, and we're pretty sure you had those when you left.

Anyway, we're going to try to make it out to the users group meeting this weekend, but there's a lot going on so who knows. I did find out from Joe on his forum that he plans to show up, and I think he may bring some printed plans if anyone is interested in purchasing them.

As far as the next meeting, how about the weekend of the 22nd / 23rd? I'm fine with meeting far north if that's going to be more convenient with people.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Next meeting

Looks like I get to miss the next one. I'll be in Halifax, Nova Scotia until August 28th.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmstetter View Post
    Looks like I get to miss the next one. I'll be in Halifax, Nova Scotia until August 28th.
    Tell you what: I'll take your place in Nova Scotia in August and you can go to the meeting

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com
    North Texas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by El_Matarife View Post
    Which two items? Phoenix and I only saw the chain and the "bat signal" MDF prototype, and we're pretty sure you had those when you left..
    Actually, he had the chain link fork mount, and the mock up turn signal that went with it. The "bat signal" was in his truck when he showed it to us.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi guys. i finally got around to registering. i've been a little too busy to make much progress on the mill lately, but i'd still love to make it out to another meet-up.

check out the mill progress at http://www.lascolinascnc.com/

-Brian

Downloads
    Uploads

If you guys don't mind driving North of the Metroplex on a Saturday in Sept to a CNC shop with AC and a good local eatery (Ponder TX) then I will set up a FREE mini workshop and do a one hour class on "Basic Electronics for CNC Builders". It will cover the concepts of voltage, current, power supplies, motors (steppers & servos) and wiring. Non-product specific. I have a Datashow and my class will be from training classes I have given over the years. If you want to bring a USB thumb drive (Memory Stick) with pictures or short movies of your stuff in progress we can project that in living color! I will bring some motors and drives and a laptop with MACH and SheetCAM. The door prize will be a UBOB Builders Kit from CandCNC.

The drive is only about 30 to 40 minutes North of DFW Airport. It's close enough to Denton to run there for lunch if you want (or eat at the famous Ponder Steak House). I would rather help sponsor an independent group than set up something that is a stealth marketing program.

The shop has a big VMC (Vertical Machining Center) and a running CNC plasma table. If anybody has a small table/mill that is finished or just that needs the electronics to run, they are welcome to bring it. I will see if I can get one of the local guys to bring his finished router table (18 X 24) and we can have some fun with cutting some do-dads.

Elect a spokesperson and have them contact me so i can get things setup.

You may find there are builders all over Texas and South Oklahoma that are potential members.

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe I hear you are coming up from San Antonio.
    Look me up. Bosch color scheme 4x4......

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I would like to meet

Hi I'm in Farmers Branch, I would like to go to the next meet. I'm just getting started. I have a Taig cnc mill and a south bend lathe that I might retrofit.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast