North America Need help resolving some Fanuc 10m issues

Thread: Need help resolving some Fanuc 10m issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help resolving some Fanuc 10m issues

This is my first time posting and I hope I'm in the right forum area.
    i have purchased two older VMC's Mighty Comets 560 and 1000 the 560 has a Fanuc 0m control and the 1000 has a Fanuc 10m. I first put power to the 560 machine and had to reinstall all the parameters the machine comes up but has two external alarms 1008 machine not ready 1002 spindle alarm and 1007 Emg stop sw on. The spindle drive Fanuc A20B-1001-0120 has alarm Al-04 which says fuses are bad, I checked all fuses prior to the drive and all are good. I also checked the external e-stop switches and there not depressed. The machine does have a 16 tool tool changer and not sure if there may be an issue with it.

So so I moved onto the 1000 VMC put power to it and it came up with cn ready and servo ready lights on yea. But once I tried to home machine out I got a z-axis alarm SV013 z improper v_ready off SV001 excess current in servo. So I shut machine off turned back on all ready to go so I homed x axis and y axis and they homed yea! But tried z again and got the same two alarms. I powered back up and repositioned the x and y axis back the there center positioned and placed wood blocks under the spindle. Tried z axis again with pulse handwheel at .001" moved it by .003" and z axis alarmed out with the same alarms. Now the funny thing is I powered down machine powered back up and I'm getting different alarms SV000 y tachogenerater disconnect and SV013 y improper v_ready off and I can't get pass the SV000 alarm. Thanks for any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help resolving some Fanuc 10m issues

For the first machine, you need track on the alarm on the ladder. It is going to be complicated. May be the Emergency alarm is caused by the spindle alarm. May be the spindle control board is defective.
    For the second, you need to change the drive of Z axis. First the control board (be careful with the jumpers) then the drive base, then encoder, and finally the motor. If everything is ok, you will continue with cables and then the Mother board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc int View Post
    For the first machine, you need track on the alarm on the ladder. It is going to be complicated. May be the Emergency alarm is caused by the spindle alarm. May be the spindle control board is defective.
    For the second, you need to change the drive of Z axis. First the control board (be careful with the jumpers) then the drive base, then encoder, and finally the motor. If everything is ok, you will continue with cables and then the Mother board.
    I stayed working on the VMC1000 and got all the axis to home and got the spindle drive to work. I found some broken off wires and the only issue is the macro program for the umbrella tool changer is lost. I have contacted the machine builder and I'm waiting for a response.
    The VMC 560 still has a spindle problem so I'm going to get the spindle drive look at. Thanks