Pictures of your HOME Shops - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of your HOME Shops

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyblue View Post
    the location of the couch is were my new mill is going.
    Do you have to strap yourself in when you have a kip on the couch?

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL. Yes I do.
    No really it just hasn't been an issue to get it out until recently when I decided I wanted a mill. But also kicking around the idea of a lathe/mill combo.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyblue View Post
    LOL. Yes I do.
    No really it just hasn't been an issue to get it out until recently when I decided I wanted a mill. But also kicking around the idea of a lathe/mill combo.
    I looked at combo's early on, but from what I could see, the majority that were cost effective were a compromise on both, but not really that much cheaper than the individual machines. Although we don't really have much range in OZ to compare with the States.

The other thing I did note was that most of the lathe/mill combo's I saw were more useful as a lathe than a mill.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pictures of your HOME Shops

nice shops gentleman. Got a quick question. Is it redundant to have a CNC router and a CNC mill?

Downloads
    Uploads

No, each has its place in the machining world. Product that usually flows over a mill won't flow over a router etc. Not to say you "couldn't" but they each have there benefits and drawbacks.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks. The only reason I bought a router (didn't know about mills at the time either) is size of pieces I can cut.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Much depends upon the material you are going to be working. One diff. is routers usually have much higher spindle speed, and mills have much more "Z" travel, as well as rigidity. For home shop, some day, I want to develop approx 4' x 8' XYZ table with automatic HEAD changer, (as well as auto tool changer for mill head) with router, mill, waterjet, plasma, laser, AND extruder heads. (Extruder head to make biggest 3D printer you've ever seen.) Oh yeah, and add in a 4th & 5th axis. That could sell for around $10K. And make it here in U.S. Then I woke up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice shop

[url=http://www.thebasementguyscleveland.com/index.php/services/insulation-products]Crawl Space Encapsilation Akron[/url]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ngineer View Post
    Much depends upon the material you are going to be working. One diff. is routers usually have much higher spindle speed, and mills have much more "Z" travel, as well as rigidity. For home shop, some day, I want to develop approx 4' x 8' XYZ table with automatic HEAD changer, (as well as auto tool changer for mill head) with router, mill, waterjet, plasma, laser, AND extruder heads. (Extruder head to make biggest 3D printer you've ever seen.) Oh yeah, and add in a 4th & 5th axis. That could sell for around $10K. And make it here in U.S. Then I woke up.
    Might as well coming with a lucrative job contract!

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to know how you guys manage to have such clean floors.
    Granted, my workshop is in an old barn built maybe 100 years ago. Yeah, it does have a concrete floor.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    I want to know how you guys manage to have such clean floors.
    Granted, my workshop is in an old barn built maybe 100 years ago. Yeah, it does have a concrete floor.

Cheers
    Roger
    Broom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "A broom is a cleaning tool consisting of usually stiff fibers (often made of materials such as plastic, hair, or corn husks) attached to, and roughly parallel to, acylindrical handle, the broomstick. It is thus a variety of brush with a long handle. It is commonly used in combination with a dustpan."

Downloads
    Uploads

I have three brooms, and a big shovel. Plus the ace in the hole: a large shop-vac.
    The problem is that when I am machining, stuff tends to spread. And there are old tired dusty corners too.
    No matter.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Roger, I'm just yankin your chain a little. I know exactly what you mean. It seams like all I do is clean and straighten up. I am surprised I get anything else done. However, there are three things that go towards keeping a cleaner shop. 1. It helps if you are a little obsessive compulsive. 2. Have a place for everything. 3. Don't stack things. As for the floor, it has been my experience that a painted or sealed floor is magic when it comes to dust and keeping it nice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Chuckle. I know. No worries.
    Mind you, it sometimes seems I spend as much time organising the shop as I do actually making things. Gives me a new respect for production engineering.

I had considered doing something about the floor, but ... it's fly-ash concrete about 100 years old, and the barn is unsawn native timber and gal iron. Part of an old farm you see. Eh - it's a hobby.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my shop.

Pictures of your HOME Shops-img_20160101_105543-jpg

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by binfordw View Post
    My Shop Pics

One back room has the Plasma, cnc mill, and hidden behind the corner of wall is the welding table.

[IMG][/IMG]

Other room has entry door, and is more or less my home away from home Fridge, arcades, infrared heat, even added a couch since this pic

[IMG][/IMG]

Rest is more or less open to accumulate clutter

[IMG][/IMG]
    +1 for the arcade setup! Just bought u.n. squadron myself!! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by DJNPHOTO View Post

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's mine. New toy in the foreground (Bodor BCL-1390X Laser) and my Tormach 770 in the background. I also have a Southbend Magnaturn 612 cnc lathe (Beast of a machine for it's size). Tons of woodworking and woodturning equipment too.

Wade

Pictures of your HOME Shops-img_0255-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is mine, just got my 2001 VF3 in a few weeks ago and wired into the phase converter. Still finishing up the insulation, heat etc.. Hope to be making chips soon. Just need programming software.. Been a long time getting to this point but I'm finally getting close.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures of your HOME Shops-img_5883-jpg   Pictures of your HOME Shops-img_5884-jpg   Pictures of your HOME Shops-img_5882-jpg  
    Last edited by comp670; 03-24-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice! I am jealous

Quote Originally Posted by comp670 View Post
    Here is mine, just got my 2001 VF3 in a few weeks ago and wired into the phase converter. Still finishing up the insulation, heat etc.. Hope to be making chips soon. Just need programming software.. Been a long time getting to this point but I'm finally getting close.
    Very nice...I'm close to finishing my building. There coming to do the siding this weekend and finish the outside. Then insulation and electrical next week.

I need a phase converter. How do you like yours? Any issues with the install? I see you have 2 breaker boxes. Is that one for power to converter and then one for power to machine?

Happy milling Pictures of your HOME Shops

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast