Need Help! Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?

Thread: Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?

Hello Guys

I am about to design a Straight Razor Shavette that i want to Machine. I just dont know if this is possible with a CNC because the Details are very small.
    I would be really happy if you could take a look on the Details picture and tell me if its possible to machine with a CNC or if i probably should consider die Casting?

I attachd a picture and a .step file.

Thank you very much!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?-detailpicture-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?

I only see one problem, in the circled area of the picture. Not sure how you would make the sharp corner in that area. If that part can be two pieces, then no problem machining with a CNC.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?-detailpicture-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey thank you for reply. Do you mean this one? i know that it always will be a Radius. The corner dont have to be sharp, i thaught about to make a 2mm radius and also make this to the slide part.
    than it wil fit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Make a Straight Razor / Shavette with a CNC! Possible?-detailpicturedetail-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Manumik View Post
    Hello Guys

I am about to design a Straight Razor Shavette that i want to Machine. I just dont know if this is possible with a CNC because the Details are very small.
    I would be really happy if you could take a look on the Details picture and tell me if its possible to machine with a CNC or if i probably should consider die Casting?
    If you Know about the inside corner radiuses then there would be no problem in machining it with a Mill or a quality Router, to die cast you would have to have a mold

Mactec54