diy rails

Thread: diy rails

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default diy rails

what about using this diy istead of supported rails !?
    my frame will be alumium 40*80
    i will use it in 3d printer or router

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

They should work fine, but use too many bearings. Look up the skate bearings on conduit threads. They work very early
    Well and are cheap and easy. Many will say you must have 'real' linear bearings tondo any real work. That's fine but my router has been running for 11 years on conduit and skate bearings. It's run about 3 hours today. I wear out routers, not bearings or conduit. Accuracy is excellent, maybe 3 or 4 thou but mostly unmeasurable. I cut mostly plywood and oak, with the occasional aluminum.

In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: diy rails

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    They should work fine, but use too many bearings. Look up the skate bearings on conduit threads. They work very early
    Well and are cheap and easy. Many will say you must have 'real' linear bearings tondo any real work. That's fine but my router has been running for 11 years on conduit and skate bearings. It's run about 3 hours today. I wear out routers, not bearings or conduit. Accuracy is excellent, maybe 3 or 4 thou but mostly unmeasurable. I cut mostly plywood and oak, with the occasional aluminum.
    I've been thinking about a router build and would love to see a picture of your machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: diy rails

Quote Originally Posted by beone View Post
    can i see photo of your machine!?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk