Newbie CNC model

Thread: CNC model

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC model

Hi, All
    I am trying to build small CNC machine for jewelry wax and plastic.
    1. What power spindle should I choose? 300w? 500w? 800w?
    2. I build simple CNC model in solidworks. What is disadvantage of this model? Maybe better to build with moving portal? Or model with moving table?
    3. Working space on X axis something like 236mm, on Y axis 155mm. Is it normal for such model? Or I am wasting materials with not optimal model?
    Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC model-1-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC model

This would work but on your bottom axis, you can only use just the end. It would be better to off set you Z axis so you can use more of the bottom axis. Use at least NEMA 23 step motors and model how to attach them to the CNC.
    Get the model right and then work on the electrical parts. http://www.wantmotor.com/ sells some kits on ebay. They are a little closer to you in China. These are not bad kits, I have used them in the pass.
    With wax and plastic, you will need power at low RPM. Most Spindles will give you this. If you buy the bigger spindle then you can always use the power.